Beagle

Sweet/candy exchange

An excellent place for participants to start is with the variety of YouTube videos "{Nationality}'s try {Other Nationality}'s candy". Watch ones with your own candies, theirs, etc. If your own, you'll get an idea which ones they might not be able to taste, if theirs, you'll get an idea what to ask for.

One of my favorite parts of ReaperCon is when international travelers bring foods of their nation, and I get to confiscate try it.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Reaperbryan said:

One of my favorite parts of ReaperCon is when international travelers bring foods of their nation, and I get to confiscate try it.

Um, I don't think those folks with the tacos were actually Mexican, lol.... ::D:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Mad Jack said:

Um, I don't think those folks with the tacos were actually Mexican, lol.... ::D:

I was more referring to @vejlin and his Danish candies. Having lived in the US he was familiar with our foods and also knew with certainty what we could not get here.

But the thieving of Tacos may be my second favorite thing from this Reapercon ever.

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, Reaperbryan said:

I was more referring to @vejlin and his Danish candies. Having lived in the US he was familiar with our foods and also knew with certainty what we could not get here.

But the thieving of Tacos may be my second favorite thing from this Reapercon ever.

What was your first favorite?

I will be going sweets shopping today, I'm actually kind of excited. This will be fun! ::D:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 2

Well the perennial favorite is Spunk, a gummy candy that has a name which is crude slang in the US. But the Stroopwafels (which i can get at my local grocery store in the International Foods aisle) were probably my favorite.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Reaperbryan said:

Well the perennial favorite is Spunk, a gummy candy that has a name which is crude slang in the US. But the Stroopwafels (which i can get at my local grocery store in the International Foods aisle) were probably my favorite.

Oh, I meant what your first favorite thing from this Reapercon was. Since your taco thieving was only your second favorite thing. :D

Huzzah!

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

Oh, I meant what your first favorite thing from this Reapercon was. Since your taco thieving was only your second favorite thing. :D

Huzzah!

relaxing with the Superfreinds.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OneBoot said:

What was your first favorite?

I will be going sweets shopping today, I'm actually kind of excited. This will be fun! ::D:

Huzzah!

When I get home I’ll give you an accounting of what I picked up to help us not have as much overlap.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Beagle - If you want suggestions on stuff to send,  I personally like Carmel a lot. But I also like almost anything. Watching Some of those Americans Try British Candy youtube videos, I can tell you that I won't like Bounty bars. I didn't see anything else I wouldn't want to at least try. The husband says he would like to try wine gums, and Mint Areo if you can find those without too much trouble. 

Your posts tomorrow is your last chance to request anything in particular. Otherwise you will get from me a selection of weird, unusually flavored, heritage and local american sweets, with a couple very popular ones throw in for good measure (Mostly left over Halloween candy.) 

Otherwise, the box will be away most likely tomorrow. (Though it may be posted on Friday.)

• Like 2

I only make one other request, that people document their reactions to the sweets. (Not on video, but with photos and posts here is fine. But you all can do video if you want.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have returned extremely victorious from my shopping trip! I may also have gone slightly overboard in my excitement; Thes knows, because I sent her a picture of my shopping cart. :lol:

I'm working on making an inventory of what I got, both for my own benefit and so I can include a copy in the box. ^_^

Huzzah!

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

Really? Then I would love to try a Dutch/American swap. :D 

10 hours ago, NomadZeke said:

I'm not talking a large box, I'm talking envelope or maybe a small box, I would think it only fair to send such of equal value in return though.   STroopwafels definitely have my attention though. But as stated before: if there were any of our sweets you were particularly fond of: I can most likely get them.

PM me and we will work stuff out.

4 hours ago, OneBoot said:

I have returned extremely victorious from my shopping trip! I may also have gone slightly overboard in my excitement; Thes knows, because I sent her a picture of my shopping cart. :lol:

I'm working on making an inventory of what I got, both for my own benefit and so I can include a copy in the box. ^_^

Huzzah!

Sounds like I'm going to be putting the buttons on my pantaloons under a lot of pressure. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1