Beagle

Sweet/candy exchange

10 hours ago, Thes Hunter said:

It has departed London. Whatever that means. But I suspect it will be on your doorstep on Thursday. 

You suspect wrong - it's arrived.

God God Thes, this is sweetmongous, thank you very much. I was overwhelmed opening the box (I did of course maintain an exterior appearance of indifferent aloofness), so much choice. The only things you packed that I've seen here are M&Ms and KitKats and they're mostly in flavours I haven't seen....Holiday Mint????? 

So I've held off from chomping through the contents, with the exception of one of the Kentucky Bourbon chocolates - which I got to grips with, I won.

I'll post more once I've had time to sit down and go through the contents.

I was going to send my boxes today but now I think it will have to be tomorrow. I've mostly included larger items but I think I need to put a few smaller things in too, so I'll get those today and seal up the boxes tonight.

Thanks again. Oh, and I'll make sure Mrs Beagle doesn't stumble across the signed photos.

PS - what do you call the small, chewy white sweets that were loose in the box? Not sure I'm a fan of them, tasteless and a lot of work before you can swallow

Edited by Beagle
  • Like 4

Dip the small white ones in sugar and you’ll get a new kind of peanut candy. :lol:

and just befause *I* went overboard doesn’t mean you have to. I have a problem with this thing called control, especially when I’m comtemplating a diet. So please, you do not need to send extra sweets to me I’m fat enough. :lol: 

Glad you like the bourbon balls. Which one did you try? The woodford reserve or the buffalo trace?

Also you can share in the tasting of the goodies. Coworkers, neighbors, friends etc.

Also you hinted that you have tasted one of the flavors of m&m’s before. Which one? It was strawberry nut wasn’t it? :lol: 

The triple chocolate KitKat isn’t like the UK KitKat. Even the wafers are chocolate. 

Edited by Thes Hunter
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Beagle said:

You suspect wrong - it's arrived.

God God Thes, this is sweetmongous, thank you very much. I was a overwhelmed opening the box (I did of course maintain and exterior appearance of indifferent aloofness), so much choice. The only things you packed that I've seen here are M&Ms and KitKats and they're mostly in flavours I haven't seen....Holiday Mint????? 

So I've held off from chomping through the contents, with the exception of one of the Kentucky Bourbon chocolates - which I got to grips with, I won.

I'll post more once I've had time to sit down and go through the contents.

I was going to send my boxes today but now I think it will have to be tomorrow. I've mostly included larger items but I think I need to put a few smaller things in too, so I'll get those today and seal up the boxes tonight.

Thanks again. Oh, and I'll make sure Mrs Beagle doesn't stumble across the signed photos.

PS - what do you call the small, chewy white sweets that were loose in the box? Not sure I'm a fan of them, tasteless and a lot of work before you can swallow

PICS!!!!

Maybe in the Acquisition thread?

Let's show the goodness!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@Beagle Also, if you had chomped through the contents of that box this morning, you would have been in a sugar coma by now. :lol:

There is no way to chomp through the box in a single sitting.

Edited by Thes Hunter
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Thes Hunter said:

@Beagle Also, if you had chomped through the contents of that box this morning, you would have been in a sugar coma by now. :lol:

There is no way to chomp through the box in a single sitting.

Don't challenge him!

Dogs can eat till they burst!

So a couple of pics. The first is the contents of the box, minus a few bits that I've already eaten.

Centre bottom is a scorpion in a lollipop. Does one eat this?

The bottom two pics are of me about to get to grips with some Smog Balls!

5a0cbd5c5452b_IMG_12521.thumb.JPG.3d30790fa54d7fa770319721da7de29e.JPG5a0cbd763837b_IMG_12531.thumb.JPG.ea0fa16a458e517c7bd87018354c2456.JPG5a0cbd8a1a8db_IMG_12541.thumb.JPG.337d6e8156394175c709d0228980282d.JPG

I'm really curious about foods I haven't tried, so the fact that there's such variety in the box is dangerous, because I want to try everything, now.

Now I've had a chance to really go through the box there are a couple of things included that we have here. I've already mentioned KitKats (never seen a white choc version though), and M&Ms, although we only have two flavours here, and none of those included in the box. We do have Starburst and Skittles although the Skittles in the box are a new flavour that I haven't seen before.

Really thrilled with this, it's exactly what I wanted when I proposed the exchange so thank you Thes, you've made a youngish, devilishly handsome Englishman, very happy

• Like 6

The starburst should also be a flavor you have never had... though hey, maybe the brits like Tropical Starburst. 

You have Snickers, and the comparison videos show you guys have more peanuts in yours, ours have more carmel. I threw them in because I don't really like snickers, and we had them left over from the halloween candy. 

Looks like already eaten is:

Whachamacallit

Buffalo Trace Bourbon Balls

The whole jar of Bourbon infused Caramel :blink:

Also I most definitely did not include the Dental life, but probably a good idea with all the sweets. 

But when you spread it out all like that... it doesn't look like 7lbs of candy. :lol: 

Also, the scorpion sucker is something that people do eat. It's something my sister brought up from Arizona. That was the only thing she could think of when I brought Bourbon from Louisville, and Lil sis brought some tex mex thing from Dallas. The men did some manly bonding over eating their suckers. We had one left over. Husband wouldn't let me give it out for Halloween, and when I found I might as well send a flat rate box, I threw it in. Hope you enjoy, I hear the texture is quite interesting. 

Edited by Thes Hunter
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thes Hunter said:

The starburst should also be a flavor you have never had... though hey, maybe the brits like Tropical Starburst. 

You have Snickers, and the comparison videos show you guys have more peanuts in yours, ours have more carmel. I threw them in because I don't really like snickers, and we had them left over from the halloween candy. 

Looks like already eaten is:

Whachamacallit

Buffalo Trace Bourbon Balls

The whole jar of Bourbon infused Caramel :blink:

Also I most definitely did not include the Dental life, but probably a good idea with all the sweets. 

But when you spread it out all like that... it doesn't look like 7lbs of candy. :lol: 

Also, the scorpion sucker is something that people do eat. It's something my sister brought up from Arizona. That was the only thing she could think of when I brought Bourbon from Louisville, and Lil sis brought some tex mex thing from Dallas. The men did some manly bonding over eating their suckers. We had one left over. Husband wouldn't let me give it out for Halloween, and when I found I might as well send a flat rate box, I threw it in. Hope you enjoy, I hear the texture is quite interesting. 

Bourbon infused caramel has gone into the safe cupboard, with 4 beagles currently running around the house I'm not risking glass-anything being in the way of the little monsters.

Buffalo trace bourbon chocs, I ate three and Mrs Beagle stole one. Yummy although I wanted more whiskey.

Whatchamacallit - I really liked this, I like sort of crispy chewy, it certainly get's a thumbs up from me.

I've also pecked at a few other bits and just fought off the urge to drink one of the Starbucks hot chocolates.

The scorpion filled sweet will go to my Spanish friend. Eating scorpions is not terribly civilised and is to be frowned upon.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Thes Hunter said:

What about wolves? :ph34r:

We're even worse.

A Wolf can eat up to 10KG of meat to fill up and digest for lesser times.

Glitterwolves can double this when offered candy...Of course if we eat too much we explode in a nuclear glitterplosion.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

We're even worse.

A Wolf can eat up to 10KG of meat to fill up and digest for lesser times.

Glitterwolves can double this when offered candy...Of course if we eat too much we explode in a nuclear glitterplosion.

Least you also have Your Girl and the Step Vixens around to help. (Though this is more like 2.4kg) Then you won’t go up in a glitterplosion. 

—-

@Beagle how were the smog balls? I haven’t actually tired them before. 

Also the roll roll of cookies are salted caramel. (Yes, I do fancy caramel) They are Moravian cookies from the Salem baking company out of Winston-Salem NC. (I stayed in an hotel very close to this place when I interviewed at Wake Forest.) 

They are a historical baking company carrying on the tradition. (In America that is quite rare.) I first tried these cookies when I visited Winston Salem and have become overjoyed to find them in my local speciality markets. 

Edited by Thes Hunter
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Thes Hunter said:

Least you also have Your Girl and the Step Vixens around to help. (Though this is more like 2.4kg) Then you won’t go up in a glitterplosion. 

I will have to wait for the boxes from my exchange partners, 3 are coming my way.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to take pics of the contents when they arrive, before the Vixens attack!

• Like 3