Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Decided I needed some retro futuristic hover cars.
The Europa Magnus Station Wagon:
I also decided to create a cheesy vintage style advertisement for it.
This was a quick sculpt (about 4 hours in Fusion and 3 hours on the printer). The reason behind this car was that I wanted something relatively quick to print and prep that I could practice vehicle painting techniques on. I have no idea why I decided to make my first one in a retro futuristic style - I'm not even really a fan of that style, but I'm probably going to make some more.
I've got some ideas for some other hover cars/trucks as well as some with wheels. Since most of them will be simple one or two piece prints that will get knocked out in a few hours/days, I'll keep them all in a single thread.
As if I didn't already have so many projects in progress I can't count, I kept looking at the case of Bones IMEF figures, and thought "These guys need something that can take out a few NOVA Corp Tycho AFVs."
This concept was born:
I am shooting for it to be about the size of a GW Land Raider. Going to block it out in Fusion 360 soon.
OK, since the sculpting part of my Tycho AFV is done, I'm continuing the rest of the build here. If you want to see the modeling and printing portion of the Tycho, go here:
I'm building this vehicle as a light tank for use with my NOVA Corp soldiers. First off, if you haven't read the sculpting thread, here's what the Tycho looks like. The 80010 NOVA Corp Sgt standing next to it has just been selected as the tank commander:
I haven't been designing models for 3d Printing for very long, but I have already gotten in the habit of creating my designs to use small pilot holes and small pieces of raw filament to align and pin pieces together:
I basically glue the filament in one side, and trim to fit into the other side. Then test fit, and glue.
The two turret halves went together the same way. Unfortunately for him, my NOVA Sgt had to sacrifice his legs to become a tank commander.
However, it's much easier for him to fit in his tank this way:
Next up was the first round of sanding. As you can see, the print has lots of ridges. The camera really magnifies them, though - they're actually 0.15 mm apart, and they feel a lot smoother than they look. After the first bit of sanding, I did some gap filling, and filled in a couple of holes I decided not to use because they got support material stuck in them. Next up will be a light sanding of the filler (Pro-Create) and then a coat of automotive spray primer, followed by more sanding.
And here's what it looked like when I called it for the evening:
Who's Online 11 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)