aku-chan

Bill Sykes and Bullseye

p6paBxx.jpgzvrW0ZB.jpg

Xo3BBHC.jpglaRdCPI.jpg

1jPXNkj.jpgMzA9znu.jpg

Presenting Bill Sykes (and Bullseye!), leader of the Dickensian faction from the game Twisted.

Going back to painting true-scale minis, and rather detailed ones at that, proved harder than I thought it would, but I think I did a decent job.

I just wish my varnish hadn't left Bills coat so shiny.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.

• Like 20

Amazing to see you go go go !!

Your painting up a storm !!!

Beautiful work.

Jay

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The pair of Villainous Rogues turned out WONDERFULLY. They lived up to the full potential their W.I.P. thread promised...BEAUTIFUL brushwork, bases, & colors. VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Fantastic, I love them both but especially Bullseye (as a previous owner of an English Bull Terrier)!

Painting some Dullcote over the top of Bill's varnished coat will get rid of the shine. ::):

• Like 1

Those are some pretty cool figures; I don't think I've ever seen them before.

Nice paint job on them!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By dunker79
      It has been a while, but I am back with another mini from Reaper. This time its a Blood Stone Gnome, which I tried to paint up as a goblin. Hope you all like it. Any C&c is welcomed.

• By Lidless Eye
      My most recently complete project is the lovely ladies of Oathsworn Miniature's "Heroines in Sensible Shoes 3" Kickstarter.

As always, they are a joy to paint.  They have nice, bold details but without being overwrought.  They definitely look like a bunch of starting adventurers!  The theme this time was more exotic races, notably a bunch from "Volo's Guide to Monsters"

The ladies ascend the mountain:

The Kitsune.  She could be a lightly armored Fighter, a Rogue, or a Ranger.

The Kenku (or Tengu) Shaman.  Or Wizard.  Or Sorcerer.  Or whatever.  She's got a bone to pick with you!

The Kenku or Tengu Rogue.  I went with oranges for them to continue my previous work on the Bones Tengu...which were also dressed in orange to match the official D&D pre-paints.

The Dragonborn, could be a Fighter or Paladin.  The decision to make her red was regrettable...with that pointy face and dreads, I kept thinking of Ugandan Warrior Knuckles.  Stupid memes getting in the way!

Tabaxi or Catfolk.  I tried to go with more of a Ranger color scheme than the intended Rogue.

The other Tabaxi/Catfolk from the set.  I liked the intent of this sculpt...she could be a spellcaster, a Monk, or a Bard!

The Halfling Knight.  

Her mount was painted after my own painting gremlin, Hershey.  He would be much smaller to scale, though.

The Tiefling Paladin.  I really like the pose of this one, though I questioned the hooves, as 4E and 5E Tieflings of this design have human feet.  I may wind up greenstuffing her into boots at some point.

The Firbolg Druid.  As far as I know, this is the only miniature of a 5E style Firbolg.

The Minotaur Swashbuckler.  I bet you were expecting a cow joke here.

The terrain:

• By 72moonglum
      So here is one of the more interesting figures I've seen in a while, and a bit unusual. This is from the Hackmaster series that Ral Partha acquired and currently offers, sculpted by Bob Olley.  She is a female dwarf cleric, and as was mentioned somewhere way back when in the Lord of the Rings if I recall originally, she is a bearded female dwarf. Now I'm not going to pretend that she is a beauty to behold, but I think she's an extremely cool little lady, who would probably shove that hammer up into where she sun no longer shines.  

I probably would have finished her sooner, but I always run into that issue of what colors to use. This started from the color of her beard all the way to virtually the end when I had to decide on a color for her mace haft.  Do you give her "feminine" colors or do you just make her kind of generally grungy browns, blacks and greys?  So I ended up going with colors, and couldn't resist throwing some pink in there.

Not a new figure, sculpted I'm guessing around 2003. As I detached her from her temporary base and looked at the bottom, there wasn't a year on her, but I think most of t he Hackmaster pieces were done in the early 2000's.

So anyways, enjoy!

• By aku-chan
      Presenting Porker and Library Owl:-

Porker:-

Library Owl:-

A pair of Urkins who are part of the Dickensian faction of the game Twisted, they're also in my Steampunk People WIP thread.

They were a lot of fun to paint, which is good because I have quite a few more to do!

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
  • Who's Online   10 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)