eldamir

Eldamir has lost it .. err.. has accepted the d20 rainbow dragon quest again!

I'm a bit of a glutton for punishment, so have managed to talk myself into another rainbow dragon... Since I have ol' Pathfinder Red sitting in the Drawer of Doom and no real plans for him, I thought I'd randomize him (not that I don't have enough other projects that haven't been finished (or even started))..

So, here goes:

3 Star challenge on Pathfinder Red (#89001)

Primary : Blush Pink (although I might substitute in Breast Cancer Pink since I have 3 bottles of that from last month!)

Secondary: Brilliant Green (needs to  be ordered or fetched from the FLGS - I have Forest Green but that's too dark to match, i think)

Tertiary: Heather Blue (do not have this, but do have a Sample bottle from a past order that is very close and will be used in its place.. 

image.png.96baf3a6cf472d517d31eae52bdb5516.png

I smidged some paint on a sheet of paper for comparison and have decided that Blush Pink is much brighter than BCPink, so I'll probably use the Blush (unless I decide to go thematic again and donate this fellow to a survivor since I know a few).  Also, Forest Green is indeed way too dark to substitute in for Brilliant Green..

5a02348d40385_2017-11-0716_31_08.thumb.jpg.47bed799a753d9b3870904f2ca6ec439.jpg

Here he is in all his boxed plasticky glory!

5a02346a09e0d_2017-11-0716_30_07.thumb.jpg.36a7efd7f64b889a487c0e0fd2cd432f.jpg

• Like 6

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SparrowMarie
      So I'm currently in the stages of prepping Marthrangul for a contest. I'm also painting the Frost Giant Queen as a backup entry. So once I get started of love all the C&C I can get. I have a little less than a month to do him in.
    • By GodOfCheese
      Learning from my previous forays into blending with wings, I decided to try for something more challenging.  In doing this, I learned that sometimes the parts of bigger minis don't fit together as well as one hopes, which in this case resulted in some  improvisation, especially around the foot/base socket and the wings.  But I am enjoying how he came out.  He was wondrously bumpy.  :-)

• By Citrine
      I had finished the dragon in December last year, but I still had the base to work on. Finally finished this brand new looking clockwork dragon painted with metallic paints and my favorite blue, Nightmare Black this weekend.  I still have another, thinking of doing a rusty/tarnished version sometime.

• By spitfire23bc
      This one was painted up in a bit of a hurry for a D&D game. I'm pleased with the overall effect (especially the wing colouring), but I'd like to have taken a bit more time to make the scales pop. The wings were airbrushed to get the smooth blending; the rest was done with a hairy stick. Mostly Peacock Green, Brilliant Green and Viper Green, I think. With some yellow mixed in for highlights and a darker olive shade for the darker bits.

The broken tower was made with a sheet of cork - i cut a load of blocks and made the edges a bit ragged, then did a lot of drybrushing and washing. The trailing vines came from a bag of lichen which got some brown wash to make it look slightly less pleasant.

• By Citrine
      After 6 months of painting 4-10 hours a week on this monster, I am finally finished with Reaper Bones Ma'al Drakar 77580.  

WIP Here: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/78573-citrine-tries-to-tackle-maaldrakar-77580/&tab=comments#comment-1668344

• Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)