Reaperbryan

Don't ask me anything. Tell me something.

Just now, Wyvernfire said:

There was snow last night in Florida, 

the MA town.

I'm sure it snowed in Paris and Peru and Poland too. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

I am spending the evening disappointing people.

My company is having a one day sale of two high demand products.

Both were advertised as limited quantities available while supplies last.

One was only available online, the second was also available in stores.

We sold out completely across the country of the online item over six hours ago and the second item two hours ago.

Some folks are good about it, many are not.

I have another 2 1/2 hours to go disappointing customers and feeling their wrath.

Upside is I'm off for the next two days.

• Like 5
  • Sad 8

The M1903 rifle used several design features patented by Mauser, which lead to the US Government paying royalties to Mauser to the tune of two hundred thousand dollars. This occurred shortly before World War I in which the United States used the M1903 rifle and the Germans used the Mauser rifle. History is full of strangeness. 

• Like 9

According to the Michigan State Police, there are more than 50,000 car-deer accidents every year in the state. Yes, that's fifty thousand suicidal deer.:blink:

• Like 8

The Germans in World War 1invented the synchronization gear to allow them to fire through the propellers on their fighters as part of an attempt to reverse engineer how a French pilot was doing so. The French had no such gear at the time...they just bolted steel plates to the back of the propeller shafts to deflect any bullets that hit them. The Germans didn’t realize this till after they invented their gear and then shot down a plane with the steel plate modification. 

The history of aviation technology development in WW1 is littered with lots of somewhat amusing incidents like this. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 7

A great number of the rifles used in the American Civil War were actually doing their second tour of duty, having previously been used in various European conflicts before being sold as surplus to the Union and the Confederacy by European countries. The Lorenz rifle manufactured in Austria was one of the three most common rifles used by troops on both sides.

I own a Lorenz M1874 bayonet.

Interesting trivia - The bayonet has a metal screw in it... Metal screws were first introduced in 1770.

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

I don’t like blue cheese. 

Dairy food product should not be fuzzy, I agree.

• Like 8

Just now, ub3r_n3rd said:

Thor was a very good movie. You should go see it if you haven’t already. 

If you haven't, get help. 

• Like 7

In 1987, I was arrested on a charge of murder.

I spent four VERY unhappy hours in a holding tank until they let me go. Turns out they knew the guy's name, and he was a longhair beard guy who wore glasses TOO, and they picked me up and held me until they could verify I wasn't HIM.

Gee, thanks.

The following week, my job announced mandatory AIDS testing; anyone who declined would be let go. I didn't mind. I didn't have AIDS. And after I submitted the blood sample.... it occurred to me... was I sure I didn't have it? I was sexually active. I was sometimes careless. And at the time, no one had survived more than 18 months past a positive diagnosis.

I did not sleep well for three nights, and lost several pounds, only to find out I was negative. And still employed. Around that same time, the boss got the cease and desist; what they were doing was illegal.

That was not the best month of my life.

• Like 5
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 7

38 minutes ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

I’m now the president... of my HOA. 

Is there a rule regarding how many skulls must be displayed in a front yard?

• Like 10
  • Haha 4