SamuraiJack

RPG Tablecloth II – An Innovative Battleground

Hmmm, I kinda like those.

Two really tempt me - the weak point is not being able to draw using markers, but neither Forsaken Sea nor Barren Wilderness seems like I would really need to draw on them at all.

Though 'Barren Wilderness' is not a barren wilderness, it is a stretch of road. A stretch of road is always useful on a gaming table. (So, for me at least, it is more useful than a 'barren wilderness' would have been.)

The Auld Grump

• Like 3

Potentially a really awesome idea.  The battlemats I've had and seen are always too small.  I am curious about the fabric and snagging though, especially for the sea and space versions where you typically slide the miniatures into place.  

I set it to remind while I consider it...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

Potentially a really awesome idea.  The battlemats I've had and seen are always too small.  I am curious about the fabric and snagging though, especially for the sea and space versions where you typically slide the miniatures into place.  

I set it to remind while I consider it...

Smirking Dragon 3-time creator about 2 hours ago

Ok, so I took a look at those links, and we really do appreciate people discussing our tablecloths on those sites! I have worked in communities before, so I know that mods often don't like if people create an account to discuss their products, so I'll answer the concerns here:
So regarding games where you usually slide the minis from one position to another, I tested that out using both a plastic based mini and a metal based one. The plastic one slid around just fine, no snagging or anything on the cloth. The metal one tended to be a bit grabby on the cloth, but nothing that wasn't difficult to overcome, and it didn't harm the cloth in any way. However, these were normal "human" minis, not ships or anything, as I don't have any of those. I don't really know what the bases of those minis are like, so if they have a lot of texture on the bottoms of them, sliding the minis into position could be a problem.

The fabric is 100% polyester, but of a good quality. It has a sort of silky feel to it, but the fabric is thick. I don't find it to be *too* slippery either, myself, just has a nice smooth texture, appropriate to a tablecloth.

Someone in one of the threads mentioned using them as emergency blankets, and we have actually done that. Two of us were camping in an RV in Yosemite recently. It got kind of cold, and we had not brought any blankets (it was summer, we were renting the RV and we didn't take into account how cold it would get at night.) We used two of them as blankets and were ok (Though I'll confess that I personally am the sort that kind of likes it cold :) ) So, you know, not super warm, but it got the job done.

I actually find the Endless Space design attractive as a bed cover/bedspread. I'm also thinking of using Forsaken Sea as a shower curtain (With a plastic liner), using clip on shower curtain rings.

Hope the helps!

11 hours ago, kodiakbear said:

It is hard to use minis when you use the tablecloth this way but it still looks great.

Super Medieval City!

To show to Megan, or not to show Megan, that is the question.

The Auld Grump

• Like 1

I finally broke down and pledged for two.  Currently I'm eye-balling the Forsaken Sea, and Barren Wilderness.  Oddly enough, they should be the right size for my dinning room table. 

• Like 1