knarthex

For Science! Green Stuff Working!

See this post...

I just tried something new, but have talked about it here and there, about using Greenstuff to sculpt stuff that you want to paint, but  before assembly....

It seems to work!

Can't seem to get it to quote across threads....

Trying again.

13 hours ago, knarthex said:

For Science!

So, I have heard and talked about covering a piece of a mini, jamming it into it's spot on a mini, after coating it with vaseline, so that green stuff can be applied and the details sculpted, while being able to paint pieces separately....

Well, it works!

I coated the bottom of the Big Gs feet with Vaseline, put some green stuff on the base, and pushed him down into it to figure out where to blend the thing into the base, and of course remove all the excess GS....::o:

001.thumb.JPG.157fff1645a43872d4f7e80a9177ee2a.JPG

002.thumb.JPG.ebf1a986e287876a309cb3fcf6fa1f5b.JPG

After removing some 'stuff...

003.thumb.JPG.e1e36127b75ac5b5b29036f285e85d53.JPG004.thumb.JPG.94e53bef9a40c788a3ce57d349203fb5.JPG

Some more 'stuff removal...

006.thumb.JPG.11cfded857961930d432102dff1998fa.JPG

007.thumb.JPG.7fcedf5966a6ff10889038501bc3c7f0.JPG

and after pock pocking the 'stuff to make it look like 'Broccoli'...008.thumb.JPG.19b526deaed5a297f755428cad114d2e.JPG

009.thumb.JPG.c32c1926bcf55bf5cf46b13c7b6dcf11.JPG

010.thumb.JPG.ff71335349511c6b716523c3ac50a16f.JPG

011.thumb.JPG.613e8b68cbdb68404accd7c4d4dd7743.JPG

012.thumb.JPG.6c0f9f8aa099b3a59e1f30a9e0f50994.JPG

There is still more stuff to do to fix the base where I cut the base away to fit his feet...

But that is for AFTER the GS dries for 24 hours....

005.JPG

12 hours ago, knarthex said:

Thanks for looking!!!!

G

I also linked this in the Painting Tips and Advice thread 

005.JPG

Booyah.

Edited by Aryanun
Jooopernapher
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I really like the concept.

Can you show us what the base looks like after all of the blending has been completed?  And, perhaps. after a base coat has been laid over the entire base?  I'd really like to see a "final product" before the landscaping is underway.

Really nice post.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Highlander said:

I really like the concept.

Can you show us what the base looks like after all of the blending has been completed?  And, perhaps. after a base coat has been laid over the entire base?  I'd really like to see a "final product" before the landscaping is underway.

Really nice post.

Thanks!

The base will be treated as part of the WiP, and stages done bit by bit....

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now