SamuraiJack

Atlantis Mythology kickstarter 11/20

I received all of my items from the Atlantis orc and goblin kickstarter and they were very nice. Will back again.  :)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jeneki said:

I received all of my items from the Atlantis orc and goblin kickstarter and they were very nice. Will back again.  :)

I'm glad to hear that! It's so good to hear people's experiences with the company before I back a kickstarter. Reading through the forums here has already saved me from some potentially unwise investments. Now I can feel better making my wallet cry :p

Edited by Fire_Eyes
  • Like 1

In my opinion, their minotaurs look pale in comparison with the really epic minotaurs from Zealot miniatures that recently ran their own kickstarter. And some of the design of the minotaurs look a bit odd (for example, how are the leg armour worn, the cloth running under and over the shoulder armour, the hooves look a bit too rounded). However, the faces/heads look spot on, and the hair looks good, too. :)

• Like 1

I'm still thinking about getting some dwarves, and the orcs and trolls turned out fantastic (got a bunch), but don't know that I'll be backing this one.

Keep in mind though that they have continued to refine designs/details during and after the KS project for both previous ones.

• Like 1

Anyone remember at all about how much the figures were priced at during the last KS?  I really wan't some Atlantis miniatures but they are a little pricey on their website.  I am keeping my excitement limited on this one and expecting them to be out of my price range but I am hoping for the best!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

Anyone remember at all about how much the figures were priced at during the last KS?  I really wan't some Atlantis miniatures but they are a little pricey on their website.  I am keeping my excitement limited on this one and expecting them to be out of my price range but I am hoping for the best!

I'm with you. Hoping to get the 3 werewolves but if they are like $20 a piece I doubt I can swing it... And I am guessing that is probably the range.

• Like 2

I am guessing you are probably right.  Although @Clearman said that you can add funds during the PM so depending on how long that stays open I might be able to swing it!

I am really liking the Sphinx, the Pegasus, and the Cerberous!

• Like 1

I went and looked at their KS' and compared them to the prices on the website. The dwarves are currently at preorder prices which are comparable to the KS prices. However if you look at their orcs and goblins KS, the large models are almost half the website prices. And in either case the box sets are the best deals. Looks well worth the money but could be hard on the wallet. 

• Like 2

This should be kicking off first thing in the morning (at least here in the state).  We'll see if I can actually afford anything though. 

Edited by NecroMancer
  • Like 1

Thinking about backing this to replace some of the Mythic Battles minis I'm not overly fond of (Heracles). These look great, but at the price point I'm not sure. Not that they're not worth what they're asking, just for my needs it might not be worth it.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SamuraiJack

About this project
      Help Cold War Miniatures to launch a new range of Resin Wargame Minis for Gamers, Collectors and Painters. 
      Hawkmen by Cold War Minis Inspired by the old black and white serials but with a modern twist, these minis are an imagining of a range from a "rediscovered lost serial". 
      Adversarial Aliens, Despotic Dictators and Rampaging Robot Legions are all planned, the range launches with the Heroic Hawkmen.
      The range is scaled at "Heroic 28" (32mm) which is a standard size for current Sci-Fi and Fantasy Minis. At this size they are slightly taller than some older 28mm ranges and slightly shorter than some newer ranges but should sit well alongside both. They are also proportioned to be "fairly chunky" like traditional putty sculpted minis. 
      (Picture of other manufactures products for comparison purposes only)
      Comparison  The Hawkmen are sculpted digitally and will be produced in Resin as the lighter weight allows for more dynamic poses and makes the flying poses more stable on a stand. The minis will be supplied with plastic bases and flying stands where appropriate.
      To start with there are 10 designs available, half in flight and half on the ground with more designs, optional extras, specials and exclusives available to unlock if they are popular and the campaign progresses.
      Hawkmen in Flight  
      Grounded Hawkmen  
      Stretch Goal Preview  If the initial target is reached then as a thank you backers who pledge £30 (Pick a Wing) or more will receive an exclusive Kickstarter mini, that won't be included in the retail range. More to come later.
      KS Exclusive when funding reached Manufacture and Shipping will be from the UK and will ship worldwide. Shipping costs are currently an estimate and will be fully calculated after the KS ends as every backer could have different requirements depending on chosen options and location. It will be upfront based on the Royal Mail's Pricing (http://www.royalmail.com/price-finder) + a small packaging charge with options for regular or tracked shipping.
      A quick note on the Video
      All images and visual elements made by Cold War Minis, the soundtrack is lifted from the 1934 movie "The Evil Mind" under Creative Commons as it is now in the public domain, for anyone interested the full movie is available to view here 
    • By SamuraiJack

About
      The Wrath of Cichol is the first episodic release for Creatures of the Night.
      Creatures of the Night is a fantasy miniature range (and perhaps, in the future, a game) designed by Krakon Games. Each chapter explores a period from the Lebor Gabála Érenn (Book of Invasions) - an Irish histro-mythology exploring the various races to inhabit and invade ancient Eriu (Ireland).
      Chapter 1: The Wrath of Cichol introduces both the Fomorian adversaries and one of the first invaders - Partholón.
      By backing this project you will help fund the production of Krakon Games' first fantasy range and be "rewarded" with your chosen models.
      All models will be cast in resin and supplied without bases. Most are multi-part models that require a little cleaning and assembly.
      There are 8 large character models available at project launch, with a list of stretch goals that will unlock as funding levels increase. If there's something on the stretch goal list you would like, feel free to include it in your pledge total to help unlock it.
      Pledge levels
      The characters
       Fomorians

Partholóin

Scale shots
      All black bases shown are 50mm diameter. The models average around 40mm to their eyes. Here's the starting line-up and a couple of stretch goals in development:
    • By SamuraiJack

About

Your RPG adventures develop into a world like no other.  The places, the players, the trinkets and treasures that are discovered.
      These vivid constructs exist in our imaginations in incredible detail - our aim is to bring each element of your RPG experience to life with an all new 3D modular dungeon!
      Not just another STL file sale...
      We're living in exciting times; 3D printing has emerged in a variety of industries for rapid prototyping and one-off on demand prints.
      So far, 3D printing has proven extremely expensive for the average Joe given machinery, materials and equipment rental costs.  Frankly, printing a whole Dungeon is not practical or cost effective for the vast majority of RPG players.  That is, until now!
      At RPG Factory, we do not sell virtual files which you'll need to print yourself - we've done all of the hard work for you!
      We produce fully printed products so that you can assemble, paint and play in no time at all!

RPG Factory is built on talent and vision.  We have a huge amount of artistic, CAD and business experience which we're using to deliver a cost effective product which is durable, easy to assemble and practical for RPG gamers of all ages!
      It's been 12 months in the making...
      We've been developing our ideas for months, working out the kinks in our designs to make sure that our products strike a balance between looking good and functioning as gaming pieces.
      We've taken the time to trial the modular system with gamers to make sure that it integrates properly with the most popular gaming systems.  Particularly ones which house fearsome giant lizards in giant concrete underworlds...
      Finally, we've experimented with a number of different materials to ensure that the final product is extremely durable, captures detail and takes paint without discolouration or de-lamination.
      Section of the Dungeon All of this effort and attention to detail has led us to our first Kickstarter, but we won't be stopping there!  The funding for this Kickstarter will be going straight back into the RPG Factory coffers so that we can expand on our range in the future (and boy do we have a lot of ideas for you!!)
      So, if you want to immerse yourself in exciting new adventures, dive right in and Pledge today!
      Crawl through the twisting corridors, facing terrible foes!  

We have designed the dungeons to be as modular as possible, giving you a huge number of options!
      A number of components within the Dungeon set can be used in different ways, further increasing versatility.
      Our clip system allows your set to be assembled quickly, for testing layouts and re-engineering your network or corridors and rooms in minutes!
      Our Dungeon components are supplied unassembled and unpainted.

• Who's Online   10 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)