Sophie was taken

Sophie was taken has accepted the Random Rainbow Dragon Challenge

Progress report! 

Deathsleet was a little wobbly on her feet, and I wasn’t sure if gluing then down to a base would work out well, so I got to boil my first Bones. They sure do feel weird once soft :unsure:.

Got all the materials, but still unsure if I want to do a Star Challenge. If I Blue Liner-ize this thing first, does that count against the challenge rules?

Edited by Sophie was taken
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, Sophie was taken said:

Progress report! 

Deathsleet was a little wobbly on her feet, and I wasn’t sure if gluing then down to a base would work out well, so I got to boil my first Bones. They sure do feel weird once soft :unsure:.

Got all the materials, but still unsure if I want to do a Star Challenge. If I Blue Liner-ize this thing first, does that count against the challenge rules?

Deathsleet does have weak ankles. I would definitely recommend pinning them to provide some reinforcement first.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

50 minutes ago, Sophie was taken said:

Progress report! 

You may absolutely use the blue liner to prime the figure. It'll all be covered up anyway :poke:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Deathsleet does have weak ankles. I would definitely recommend pinning them to provide some reinforcement first.

Pinning is currently beyond my capabilities (no drill). (Or pins). I’d likely cut a hole right through the skin in any case.

41 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

You may absolutely use the blue liner to prime the figure. It'll all be covered up anyway :poke:

This may be a slight overestimate of my painting abilities :lol:

• Like 1

Okay so it’s been awhile, but I finally got the basecoat down for the Cloudy Grey. 

F8AC98CC-612F-4275-AD2D-9E4EFFE97D3F.thumb.jpeg.d9f90989de88f4135e019465c3cf673d.jpeg

am am thinking I may need to stick her onto a 50mm base before proceeding further.

And writing that realizing that would make it nigh impossible to paint her underbelly. Not sure about doing a star challenge either, better play it safe.

• Like 5

0C8E069F-6551-4325-A0D4-DC2CAE871A4F.thumb.jpeg.92bf35f15a1b015751b0b9eabc8d9deb.jpeg

Basecoating the wings, using True Blue for the membranous portions. Unfortunately, this shade is quite a bit more watery than the Cloudy Grey, and given Bonesium’s noted hydrophobic property it immediately proceeded to bead up on the smooth surfaces. 

Probably should have begun with a liner, but what’s done is done. Another coat or two (or possibly three) should take care of this brushstrokey mess.

• Like 7

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Paradoxical Mouse
      So, painting up Deathsleet as a young red dragon.

• By WhiteWulfe
      After seeing my first thread on it (I think it was @Glitterwolf's thread for such an honour) my first thought was pretty much "that looks like a LOT of fun", followed closely by "but I've never painted anything other than a few Space Marines!".  Yeah, well, challenge accepted, because I kind of fell in love with how Ebonwrath looks.

Yup, I'm going into this technically with very little skill in painting, but while I'm waiting for Ebonwrath (and some gnolls and paint, gnolls are the honour guard for the paint, I swear) I'll have both of the learn to paint kits to work through, and assuming everything pans out (aka assuming I filled out my Canada Post FlexDelivery stuff correctly) I'll be picking those up after work today, and then about a week and a half (ish) later Ebonwrath will be in.  Seems like a semi-insane thing to do, dive right into painting a dragon when you originally were getting paints to steadily work on your WH40k Catachans army (and Skaven, sooooo many Skaven o_O ), but I figure why not have fun with life.  Besides, what better to put all the new skills the LTPK's are designed to help you get a baseline grasp on than a gigantic dragon of cuddles DOOOOOOOM that, in my eyes at least, can be bribed with cookies.

Some say I'm insane, I say to be a good delivery driver you need just enough insanity...  Not enough to pass the entrance exams, but enough to be perfectly fine wearing shorts in -5C weather.  :P

Anyways, onto the rolls!

I wound up rolling 14, 19, and 3....  So Terran Khaki as the main, Pure Black as the secondary colour, and Lava Orange as a highlight.  Well now, that's an interesting mix in my eyes.  I'm not quite certain as to how this mix will pan out, but on the flipside I chose to dive into this headfirst, so I'm also going to give it a whirl as a full on three star challenge.  I'm actually kind of liking the sound of these colours, as I've had a number of different design possibilities come to mind already!

Obviously, given the current promo and Rictus seeming like a nice and dedicated, honourable skeleton, I had to get a few other items into the cart for free shipping (plus a free skeleton!), and for someone to keep the gnolls in check while Ebonwrath is napping away in it's blister pack.  Can't let the gnolls steal the cookies after all.  Pure Black is included in one of the Learn To Paint Kits, so I didn't add it into the order from Reaper.

Here's hoping I won't have to make too too much room in my gaming area to work on Ebonwrath ^_^;;;;; (since it's still another two months before I can get a dedicated miniatures area set up, but man am I looking forward to such!)

EDIT (Jan 7th @ 15:44 MST): Totally forgot to add this in...  For additional information regarding the rainbow dragon challenge, here's the main thread for it!
      (end edit)
    • By Ludo
      I have accepted the Rainbow Dragon Challenge 
      I will be painting 77110: Deathsleet 
      To keep it truely random i will be calling on @pcktlnt to roll my paint colors. 
    • By Cyradis
      Congratulations, you have found the thread for posting your completed Random Rainbow Dragon!! The original quest can be seen here: 

Please provide a link to your Show Off Thread (which should include the model # you chose in its tags), a link to the Work in Progress thread, a brief statement of what colors you rolled, a statement of what dragon you painted (for search purposes), and photos of your lovely dragon. 

The Mods may make grumpy faces and remove chatter-posts from this thread. For chatter, please go to the original quest thread. 

You receive +5000 experience, +3 to skill Crafting (Mini Painting), and over 9000 Internet Points (redeemable whenever, wherever, for bragging rights on the internet) for completing this quest. 

Thank you for your participation. May our flock of dragons fly together forever in the pixels of this thread! 
  • Who's Online   15 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)