Don't think I have ever painted a dog before, let alone a golden Retriever.

Thanks for your likes everyone :)

Jay

• Like 2

That is a WONDERFUL creation. You have reached another level of brushwork; Zoe's BEAUTIFULLY expressive face is testament to that. GREAT brushwork, color selection, & basing add up to a VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As a fan of all things Golden Retriever, I think you did an absolutely wonderful job  here!:winkthumbs:

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

As a fan of all things Golden Retriever, I think you did an absolutely wonderful job  here!:winkthumbs:

Thanks Chaoswolf;

I didn't know you were a golden Retriever fan, I have always been.

Extremely loyal, and playful animal.

Plus, they have a face that just says I "Wubsss wuuuu"..LOL

Getting the character into the face was a lot of fun.

I recommend you get it !

Jay

• Like 1

Strong work!  Your extra effort on the face really shows, and I like the red scarf.

Dave Summers sculpted this figure, but the real Zoe was the companion of Michael Proctor (one of Reaper's superstar painters, and a Reaper MSP Medalist). 

You could send Michael a message ( @Clever Crow ) to tell him about this thread, since he would probably like to see your rendition.

Derek

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dks said:

Strong work!  Your extra effort on the face really shows, and I like the red scarf.

Dave Summers sculpted this figure, but the real Zoe was the companion of Michael Proctor (one of Reaper's superstar painters, and a Reaper MSP Medalist). 

You could send Michael a message ( @Clever Crow ) to tell him about this thread, since he would probably like to see your rendition.

Derek

Thank you Derek;

I sent that message to Michael.

I hope he appreciates what I did, and had to say about ZOE !

Thanks again.

Jay

• Like 1

Wow!!!  So very awesome!  Yes, Zoe was my faithful companion for many years and after her passing Jim Ludwig at Darksword miniatures offered to make a tribute piece for her.  We live in the mountains of Colorado, Zoe loved the outdoors and we went on many backwoods adventures..  so jim and I thought that she would make a great ranger...  

so happy to see her painted!  You did such a great job thanks! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By kristof65
      Mwuahahahaha!!!!!!!!

So one of the central villains in my HS game club game are going to be a band of cultists worshiping an evil snake god.  I've been painting up the various Reaper Bones cultists to represent this group.  This info is unknown to the players yet, so I had a yelp of excitement and joy when I was reading the kid's PC backgrounds last night.  One of the PCs listed her estranged mother's profession as a "cultist".  Perfect tie in to the villain - but then I had a sad face when I realized this PC is a gnome, and thus her mother would be a gnome, too. 

So now I am on a quest to find a decent mini to represent a gnome (or halfling) cultist. 

Any suggestions? 
    • By Jasonator
      It has been SO long since I actually posted anything in the Show Off Forum.
      Since my move to Portland, Oregon, I have FINALLY gotten my apartment set up, with my painting table
      in front of a window with direct sunlight.  So now that I got motivated, here is my first completed miniature
      from Portland.  I was afraid I could NO longer do this..
      So here are four photos:
      Please let me know what you think.

• By kristof65
      Mongoose Publishing announced the start date of the KS for their Traveller 28mm skirmish game as Nov 14th. 

http://blog.mongoosepublishing.co.uk/?m=201811
    • By Jasonator
      Since I have moved to Portland, I have FINALLY gotten my painting desk, and miniatures set up in front of a window.
      I've started working on them.  My plan is to set up a royal tomb using 1000 year old oak tree bark, and two Tom Meirer
      elven guards.  This is what I have done so far.  I may have to build the tomb higher, and the placement of the guards is
      just to get them in the picture.  Work in Progress.  So this is my new beginning on the West Coast.
      Jay

• By lowlylowlycook
      Pendraken is a company that does a wide range of 10mm historical and fantasy minis.  Occasionally under other trade names  they branch out into some other
      stuff like terrain or larger figs.  In this case they are doing 28mm moderns under the trade name Militia Miniatures.  Since their very friendly forum is my second
      home as far as posting about the hobby,  I figured I would share this  here even though I don't really do modern conflicts.

What is Militia Miniatures?
      Militia Miniatures was first launched through Kickstarter in 2014, with an initial set of 10 modern mercenary personalities.  139 backers helped us reach our
      goal and all of the pledges were delivered within 2 months!  It's taken a bit longer than we'd hoped but we're now back with a fantastic new sculptor and another
      50 sculpts, all suitable for wargaming, roleplaying, or simply collecting and painting!

For this project, we've had 50 new 28mm sculpts produced by the extremely talented Paolo Fabiani, which are all waiting to go into moulds.  If we can hit and
      exceed our target then we've got some nice extra goals planned... 

Here is the link to the KS.

• Who's Online   17 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)