InvisibleThumb

InvisibleThumb's quest to Randomly Rainbow a Dragon is complete!

I chose to paint Kyphryxes (still can't spell it).  Rolled the colors mint green, olive green, and fire red.  Replaced mint green with alien goo.  So this was painted only with the following five colors (and red and green liner):

Alien Goo

Olive Green

Fire Red

Solid Black

Pure White

and here are the results:

image.jpg.c3626dfde30078c4a2da4117e8289fe1.jpg

image.jpg.ab1b0f88267b94a9864306db4c53bca0.jpg

image.jpg.c37c27e8956045cd7b1e8d1b4f2d88ee.jpg

WIP is here. Kinda petered out at the end.

and yes, it is pretty bright in person.  Hope my next foray into random colors is a little less stimulating.  

• Like 15

It looks splendid! I love the patterning you did on it. 

Would you be so kind as to pop the photos into the no-chatter thread on the contests, exchanges, etc forums too? That way it can be with the other complete dragons ::D:

30 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

It looks splendid! I love the patterning you did on it. 

Would you be so kind as to pop the photos into the no-chatter thread on the contests, exchanges, etc forums too? That way it can be with the other complete dragons ::D:

Done.  I'm ready for my next quest! ::D:

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, InvisibleThumb said:

Done.  I'm ready for my next quest! ::D:

Okay, here is the quest: 

Paint a dashing hero or heroine to encounter your dragon (to befriend or vanquish). 

The colors used for the character's garments must be opposite on the color wheel from that of the dragon. So I guess.... friggin' bright red, maroon, grass green, with black and white. You may use whatever skin tones and hair colors you'd like. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

that looks wonderful! 

I lover the bright colors and feathery motife on the wings.  I haven't seen wings broken up into cells like this before, and may steal the idea.  

I really think you came out better than my similar take on Blightfang the many-eyed.  

You seem a little down on the design by the end of your WIP, but this is marvelous.