CarlZog

CAV @ TotalCon in Massachusetts

I'm planning to run at least one and maybe up to  three CAV:SO games at TotalCon in Marlborough, MA in February.  These will be  team games for up to six players with the total number of squads dependent on the number of players at the table.  My goal is to show off the system, stimulate regional interest in the game, and hopefully craft some interesting scenarios. 

Besides the typical slugfest, what kind of scenarios and forces would you like to see in a big intro game?

Anybody here heading to this convention?

• Like 2

My favorite aspect of the game is the combined arms part. Show off some tanks/aircraft...?

Make some LOS blocking terrain.

Use painted minis...?

Give each player a 'hidden' tactical objective. Capture an objective, damage each unit in another player's force, get a model across the table to the other board edge.

That sort of thing.

J--

• Like 1

I learned to play CAV at TotalCon many years ago, walked away with the first of my beloved Spiders.

The classic demo was "Hunt the Rhino"--each attendee controls one or two models and they work together to bring down a tough target. Allows for players to come and go and keeps it short and sweet. 

• Like 1

I am usually at TotalCon, but usually get buried in other GM duties. I will see if I can swing by to say 'hi'.

I'm afraid I'm waaaay too much of a n00b to be any help on scenario selection. :down: 

• Like 1

Bump for reminder!

Also "Make sure to email me at jon(at)talon-games(dot)com with info so I can provide some prize support!"