• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Jasper_the_2nd
      Since I don't have enough projects on the go, I decided to start another one.  When the Bones III Kickstarter came around I really liked the Blackstar Corsairs, so much I ordered two sets.
      When the giant box o' Bones arrived I was surprised to see them on their sprues still and in pieces. Not a problem, it just meant I couldn't play with them, err, inspect them when I was sorting my figs.  So they all went in a Ziploc.
      Today while pondering which project to work on I noticed them (they were hiding behind another project I have't even started a WIP on yet....).
      And tonight while pondering how the Olympics ruin TV for everyone, even when it is night where the Olympics are being held, I decided to go take a look at them.

I found it interesting that all 5 come with the same "accessory" sprue, which contains a bayonet, a belt of grenades?, the visor, a sheathed knife and a gun with right hand.
      But 80076 and 80080 come with the same gun on their parts sprue as well.  So you end up with a couple extra guns.
      Each guy comes in 4 parts btw, lower torso, upper torso and each arm.  My plan is to do the first 5 as designed, then do some mods on the other 5.  May need to look for some weapons to swap.

At this point these guys are just clipped and friction fitted.  I'll get them cleaned up and glued together sometime soon.  The middle 3 will likely need the right arm and weapon left off until after painting the body.
      Not sure if I'll use all of the accessories on all of them or not.

I'm very happy with these guys, glad I got 2 sets.  They will likely play a role in my Savage Rifts campaign at some point.  And maybe the IMEF have a new enemy to battle....

• By Jasper_the_2nd
      I've been running a Savage Rifts campaign (Pinnacle did a Kickstarter to adapt Palladium's classic Rifts setting over to the Savage Worlds rules).  So I decided I needed some things painted that would work in that setting.
      As the Coalition is ever present but I have lots of "guys in armor" I decided to start with some Skelebots (The Coalition's disposable killer robots, designed to look like skeletons, as the Coalition is all about the skulls).
      I have a bit of an issue with ordering anything from Palladium these days (Robotech) combined with their existing Skelebot figs being from the early 90s and pretty rough by today's standards, so I went for Reaper's awesome Cyber-Reavers as substitutes.
      I ordered a couple of packs at Christmas then found 3 more that were left over from another project.  The plan was for a nice quick tabletop paint job, but it still took over a month, as I kept getting distracted by other things (like big stompy robots, and actually doing game prep).  Finally got around to finishing them yesterday, and sealing them today. @Glitterwolf requested (and provided) a fancy background, so I printed it out and grabbed a Sci-Fi bridge terrain piece for them to stand on.

WIP is here.

• By Gadgetman!
      Bunny Girls, modeled by Brother vinnie. Need I say more?

There's also a set of bunnies to choose for those who need a familiar or just to add to a diorama.

• By bailey03
      If you've seen my other posts here, you know I normally work on larger scale figures.  But recently I took on a commission to paint the 28mm version of Kingdom Death's White Speaker.  I actually painted the 54mm version a few years back, so I thought it'd be an interesting exercise to see how I could do on the 28mm one.

So far my focus has been on the skin.  The other sections just have some dark undercoats.  I played around with my mixes a bit on this one.  I started by base coating her with a 2:1 mix of Rosy Shadow and Bronzed Shadow.  I then used a 4:1 mix of Chestnut Brown and Rosy Shadow to create the darkest shadows.  From there I worked up to a 3:1 mix of Rosy Skin and Bronzed Skin and finally added in Fair Highlight for the brightest parts.  Although she's a female figure, I still went for a more dramatic contrast range and brought out some of the muscles more than I might on a different female subject.  This one is a badass warrior, so she should be pretty fit.

• By Inarah
      Started these back in October, specifically the Sara Blitzer conversion.  Was working on them at Reapercon, finished them during the Minivember challenge.  Based and sprayed last night. I also completed one more of the Tisdale cousins, from the BoGW.  They are ready for the game tonight. 

From left to right: 80024, 80049, 80014, 80019, 80021, 80010.

• Who's Online   40 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)