dks

Sad Medusa (ReaperCon Hall of Fame miniature)

I love this mini and you did it justice!

Great expression on her face.

*** But I just wanted to talk to him...***

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Awesome work

I wish that model was still available, or would come up at Christmas or another promotion.

• Like 2

I loved seeing this figure at Reapercon! Her expression is perfect, I love the texture on her skin and the scales are organic and beautiful.

Thank you for sharing her here!

• Like 1

That's amazing!

Very unique take on this figure; I'd have never thought to make her sad.

The rattlesnake pattern is very cool, too.

• Like 2

It was the Silver 2015 figure; my painted version went for a similar effect but isn't painted nearly as well:

• Like 1

That is a beautiful piece indeed, superbly painted

Absolutely beautiful, the stone tone works very well with the rattlesnakes scales color. The highlights on the scales is really amazing and I also like the way you painted the Medusa's forehead and hair as if her eyes are glowing with magic.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Pingo
      This is another of Julie Guthrie's beautiful giant werewolves, part of the Warlord Koborlas faction. This is my second Warlord figure painted. It was an attempt to make a gender-ambiguous werewolf, and as such I shaved down the chest armor a bit. Full WIP here.

Aislinn may be howling or sniffing the air or fighting a giant.  Looking up at any rate.

WIP thread here.
    • By Pingo
      This is Julie Guthrie's 14528: Rageclaw Slayer, a very large werewolf (the base is 40 mm).

Oh, and apparently this is the first Warlord figure I've painted.

WIP thread here.
    • By Sophie was taken
      Took a break from other things to get back to basics, and also try a few things out. Here’s Feiya:

This was a quick and simple job, an attempt to work on picking out details as well as experimenting with various paints. I decided to go with assorted primary colors mostly (as I don’t really have much else). You can’t really see the highlights in these pics, mostly because I hardly did any.

I started with a wash of Brown Liner, which turned out surprisingly well. Leaf Green was used for the cape and Blood Red on her leathers. I think she’s holding a fireball but I went with Sapphire Blue, so now it’s more of a Faberge egg. The wrappings on her staff are Sun Yellow with some whites, and boots and head jewelry were done with metallics. Her socks are Linen White, but white cloth is apparently something I need more work on. Finally, the base was given a layer of Ginger Cookie over the liner.

It isn’t the prettiest work ever, but it turned out better than I’d expected. Most importantly, it gave me an idea of what to work on and which colors I’ll need to think about acquiring in the future.
    • By KruleBear
      Hajad is another sacrife to the toy box level painting (ie. ignore moldlines and any advanced techniques) in my quest to find the "right" zombie skin tone. This time based with 50/50 MSP Vampiric skin and VMC Basic Skin Tone. Covered with a wash of Army Painters blacker colored Dark Tone Ink. This is getting closer to what I want and might be right on with a wash using a brown ink like Strong Tone. I am going to find another sacrificial mini to try a 50/50 mix of the vampiric skin with VMV Dark Fleshwith a brown wash. I think that will give me the grey undead color I want ith enough caucasian skin to look like a fresher conversion to the zombie lifestyle. 

I like this model, so will need to look at getting him in metal at some time. For now this one will be used as a ghost pirate in a Hero Kids adventure with my four year old.

Thoughts and comments greatly appreciated. 

• By Guindyloo
      So I started working on this guy back in March, he was just basecoated with the pattern established (which was based on Rhonda Bender's beautiful example.) This afternoon I decided to pull him off of the Shelf of Shame and finish him up. 
      I should've gone a size up on the base. And as usual, my pictures are terrible but I'm tired. 

C&C always very welcome. 

• Who's Online   9 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)