Zink

Wanting advice about cheap chinese trees

I want a bunch more trees but am slow about making my own. Plus most of the ones I did aren't standing up to rough handling all that well. I found some of Ebay from China that look ok. I was wondering if anybody here might have experience with them. Do a search for "70pcs HO Z TT Scale Model Trees" on Ebay and you'll find what I'm interested in. Do you think they'd be worth $20? There are a couple other sets I'm interested in for variety but these would be the first I go for.

I know the ones you mean, I saw them when I was looking for trees.  They're probably okay enough, but I opted to go for the 25-piece Noch trees from Germany.  This was because they better matched the style of Battlefront Flames of War trees (oop at the time) and I figured they would be robust enough to survive handling if somewhat less realistic.  

They all come from China anyway, so if you find some that look good just check to see if there's a size listing so you get a decent usable range and not just a lot of 1" shrubs.

• Like 1

Most of the ones in the pack I'm looking at are listed at 9cm in height. That's about the same size as a lot that I already have. The Noch ones look interesting too but I'll probably go with the cheapest possible for now.

• Like 1

Yeah, for that price even if they turn out being not that great I think I can live with it.