Was going to be good and get some half-painted stuff finished, but I couldn't resist the steam-powered siren song of my Twisted minis.

Since I'm going to be working on these for the foreseeable future, I thought I'd WIP them in batches:-

xcj5uk0.jpg

In this first batch, you've got two Urkins (Porker and Bookworm) at the front and (from left to right) Sowerberry, Gentlefolk Blacksmith and Gretel at the back.

iSHPnF9.jpg

Starting with the Blacksmith, not pictured - his chimney backpack.

TxNXFQl.jpg7ce8edS.jpg

So far I've basecoated his body in Bronze and given it a Brownshade Wash.

Next time, I go crazy with a drybrush.

• Like 8

Progress:-

lCKEz0Z.jpg5YodeoO.jpg

All the Bronze areas get drybrushes of Bronze and Polished Gold, I then picked out all the raised areas with more Polished Gold.

He was looking a bit too Bronze, so I did some areas as Brass (Brassy Brass > Brownshade Wash > Brassy Brass > 1:1 Brassy Brass/Polished Gold).

I then did his exposed mechanical bits, moustache and grate as Steel (Oily Steel > Blackwash Shade > Oily Steel).

Finally, his eyes and shoulder light were done in 1:1 Andrea Blue/Glacier Blue.

Today I wanna try and paint a fire inside his belly oven.

• Like 6

Double progress:-

tTRHfhI.jpgOX5O26t.jpg

Painted his belly oven, started pure Off-white, painted a ring of 1:1 Off-white/Ochre Yellow and then another ring of 1:1:1 Off-white/Ochre Yellow/Orange Red, still can't do a particularly good glow effect, but I think I'm getting there slowly.

Also gave him Ochre Yellow power cables and Leather Brown belts.

• Like 4

Had a change of direction.

Twisted are having a painting contest, so I thought I'd enter one of my minis.

But, as much as I like the job I'm doing on my Blacksmith, I think I'm painting him a little to simply for a contest entry, so I've set him aside for:-

kVP8glZ.jpg

The rather intimidating Witch-hunter Gretel.

I'll still work on the Blacksmith, but Gretel is the priority.

Any how, progress:-

movmd6p.jpg

Painted Gretels skin.

Started with a base of 1:1 Flat Flesh/Light Flesh, then a Fleshshade Wash, then highlights of 1:1 Flat Flesh/Light Flesh and 1:1:1 Flat Flesh/Light Flesh/Off-white.

She also got Old West Rose lips and possibly the best eyes I've ever painted.

• Like 6

21 hours ago, aku-chan said:

Had a change of direction.

Twisted are having a painting contest, so I thought I'd enter one of my minis.

But, as much as I like the job I'm doing on my Blacksmith, I think I'm painting him a little to simply for a contest entry, so I've set him aside for:-

kVP8glZ.jpg

The rather intimidating Witch-hunter Gretel.

I'll still work on the Blacksmith, but Gretel is the priority.

Any how, progress:-

movmd6p.jpg

Painted Gretels skin.

Started with a base of 1:1 Flat Flesh/Light Flesh, then a Fleshshade Wash, then highlights of 1:1 Flat Flesh/Light Flesh and 1:1:1 Flat Flesh/Light Flesh/Off-white.

She also got Old West Rose lips and possibly the best eyes I've ever painted.

Those are fantastic eyes.

I love how natural and unmade-up they look.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks you two!

I messed up her face a little by varnishing it *Shakes fist at stupid shiny varnish*, but I'm still quite proud of the job I did:-

Progress:-

xqeweSv.jpgN0si5k8.jpg

Once again I'm being bamboozled by a woman's overly-elaborate outfit consisting of too many layers.

First I did her hair (1:1 Leather Brown/Red Orange > 1:3 Leather Brown/Red Orange > Red Orange > Brownshade Wash), then a Black choker with a Bronze button and a Bronze necklace.

Next came her hat and outer vest, this was based in 1:1 Vermillion/Blood Red, highlighted with 1:1:1 Vermillion/Blood Red/Ochre Yellow and shaded with 1:2 Scarlett Red/Blood Red.

Also made a little progress on the Blacksmith:-

EpDkO6l.jpg

Painted his apron (Bonewhite > Brownshade Wash > Bonewhite > 1:1 Bonewhite/Off-white > Sepiashade Wash) and his hat (Black Grey > 1:1 Black Grey/Cold Stone Grey > Blackshade Wash).

Need to fix that dot of Bonewhite on his pouch, also probably going to rethink his hat, I think I made the highlight too big.

• Like 2