rfusca

77040: Satheras, Male Warlock

Your painting is really coming along nicely!  The highlighting on his robe looks excellent!

Do you like basing?  I really enjoy it but I know it just really bothers some people.

2 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

Your painting is really coming along nicely!  The highlighting on his robe looks excellent!

Do you like basing?  I really enjoy it but I know it just really bothers some people.

Thanks!

I do, I didn't think I would, but I really enjoy basing.  It adds another dimension that really kicks it up a notch.

• Like 1

I really like what you have done here.. For the glow effect, the trick I think is to make the center very bright, almost white in the center, then decrease intensity as you go outward.. just like OSL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VolksFest said:

I really like what you have done here.. For the glow effect, the trick I think is to make the center very bright, almost white in the center, then decrease intensity as you go outward.. just like OSL.

Ya, I realized I should have done white first and the color intensity was too even.    Thanks!  Something to learn for next time!

• Like 1

I agree with necro the highlights work on the robe, but when you say basing, do you mean you based the figure in a blue first? I have no real handle on the technical elements at the moment I am just aiming to cover my whole figure and I have no direction.  Any tips you could throw would help .  Great mini well done.

I'm assuming that basing here is referring to the rocks, dirt, weeds, etc on the figures base.

Very nice work, rfusca!