lowlylowlycook

Anyone else digging the new Oathmark plastics as much as I am

They are hitting me in Tolkien.

Oathmark-Dwarves.jpg

Goblin-Option-6.thumb.jpg.645b0171a9ff47d2f768a4bdd5eb7bc4.jpg

Pics from Beasts of War

Not really convinced by that black and red scheme they gave their goblins.

I'm thinking of using the Tre Orc to larger, more elite orc troops.  

• Like 5

Yep!  Looking forward to getting a box or two to try out.   I've really been liking the plastic sets Northstar has been doing for Frostgrave and Ghost Archipelago.  Hopefully, these will be as good. 

I agree that the goblins' colour scheme isn't that interesting, certainly not as nice as the dwarfs' yellow and green. Maybe they should've gone for electric blue, or black and white.

The miniatures themselves nice, though, and the line has a lot of promise. I like that the miniatures are relatively plain and old-fashioned. I feel like they'll really reward a good choice of colour scheme and even minimal conversion efforts. Plus the value seems so good I'm tempted to buy the light and heavy dwarf infantry boxes simply to have around just in case.

I hope they do ogres, trolls or minotaurs. I also hope they make crossbow sprues for the dwarfs.

• Like 1

I have the dwarfs already & pre-ordered the goblins. Excited about the elfs which should be next up...

Damon.

Edited by Lars Porsenna

I bought the dwarves but only got a quick look at them before they got hustled away as a Christmas present for me. Not sure what I'm going to assemble them as. I have a fairly good sized army of 4th ed GW dwarves with a mix of other stuff already.I got the metals too so have 37 of the Oathmark ones. That's enough for a unit of something and a nice little warband with mixed weapons. I will be ordering the goblins too. Really like the looks of them. They won't match my GW stuff as well but my goblin army already has minis from all over anyhow. 

• Like 2