lowlylowlycook

Anyone else digging the new Oathmark plastics as much as I am

They are hitting me in Tolkien.

Oathmark-Dwarves.jpg

Goblin-Option-6.thumb.jpg.645b0171a9ff47d2f768a4bdd5eb7bc4.jpg

Pics from Beasts of War

Not really convinced by that black and red scheme they gave their goblins.

I'm thinking of using the Tre Orc to larger, more elite orc troops.  

• Like 6

Yep!  Looking forward to getting a box or two to try out.   I've really been liking the plastic sets Northstar has been doing for Frostgrave and Ghost Archipelago.  Hopefully, these will be as good. 

I agree that the goblins' colour scheme isn't that interesting, certainly not as nice as the dwarfs' yellow and green. Maybe they should've gone for electric blue, or black and white.

The miniatures themselves nice, though, and the line has a lot of promise. I like that the miniatures are relatively plain and old-fashioned. I feel like they'll really reward a good choice of colour scheme and even minimal conversion efforts. Plus the value seems so good I'm tempted to buy the light and heavy dwarf infantry boxes simply to have around just in case.

I hope they do ogres, trolls or minotaurs. I also hope they make crossbow sprues for the dwarfs.

• Like 1

I bought the dwarves but only got a quick look at them before they got hustled away as a Christmas present for me. Not sure what I'm going to assemble them as. I have a fairly good sized army of 4th ed GW dwarves with a mix of other stuff already.I got the metals too so have 37 of the Oathmark ones. That's enough for a unit of something and a nice little warband with mixed weapons. I will be ordering the goblins too. Really like the looks of them. They won't match my GW stuff as well but my goblin army already has minis from all over anyhow. 

• Like 2

I guess I didn't mention that I pre-ordered the dwarves and goblins.   Both came but the goblin shipment had two boxes of plastic dwarves instead of the goblins.  

Anyway, just for scale purposes, here are some of the Oathmark dwarves along with some Bones dwarves that might be unit leader or wizards for a dwarven warband for frostgrave.  A lot of Reaper's stuff is pretty fat compared to the Oathmark dwarves.

5a3ddb8f7147e_IMG_20171221_2025041.thumb.jpg.8127c30f15257f11f39cd4e576455453.jpg

Also, on a somewhat related note, debating whether Eowyn (Footsore's Guinevere)  should be based with a live or dead horse:

Eowyn2.thumb.jpg.93466e435bc058b7666e15d831431fe0.jpg

Eowyn1.thumb.jpg.00100c6996672b4b3b661feb81e72ca2.jpg

• Like 4

Thanks for the comparison shot!  It looks like they will mix together just fine on the game table. Especially using the Reaper figures for leaders and such as you suggest.  The rank and file in an army is usually a little undefed anyway. ::):

I vote dead horse.

• Thanks 1

I don't get to play with my dwarves until Cristmas but I did take a quick look at the goblins yesterday. I took a comparison pic for a guy on TMP.

IMG_5751.thumb.jpg.98a0b67c49b853f22793a0d1709bd879.jpg

L-R Frostgrave enchanter, 6th ed Warhammer plastic dwarf, Thunderbolt Mountain heavy goblin, BFSP goblin and Fireforge russian archer. 

The goblins are roughly man sized. These are the hero minis so they are a bit bigger than the plastics. I'm be using them as the better warriors in my foblin army. Not real sure how I'll assemble them yet. I was thinking of making a roughly 20 model unit with 2 handed weapons but that doesn't look like an option. Liking them so far but need to do some other stuff before I start assembling these guys.

• Like 2

I've been slowly assembling my models & have 10 hobbies with sword n board done, as well as 10 dwarfs with same & 5 with spears. Looking forward to when legs go up!

Damon.

• Like 1

Wish I'd had these dwarves years ago when I dropped Warhammer for Armies of Arcana. Wanted spear armed dwarves and converted a 21 dwarf unit using left over Tomb Kings spears and the 6th ed plastics. I'm still working on a halberd armed unit and may try to use these guys for that. Tomorrow I'll get my hands on them.

I got a box of the dwarfs for christmas. I've only opened them up to look at the sprues but they're really very promising. That each sprue contains the bits for a champion and a standard bearer rather than including a separate command sprue is quite nice. Too bad there wasn't a musician as well but it's still a handy enough box. I'm looking forward to future releases for sure.

I hope they do unarmoured goblins and elves, plus berserkers for elves and dwarfs.

• Like 1

Got my goblins today.  Hurray for good customer service! 

Anyone know of some orcs on wolves/wargs that would go with the Oathmark goblins?    

I've got some Mantic boar riders that I could use until Northstar comes out with something.

On 12/24/2017 at 10:07 AM, Zink said:

Wish I'd had these dwarves years ago when I dropped Warhammer for Armies of Arcana. Wanted spear armed dwarves and converted a 21 dwarf unit using left over Tomb Kings spears and the 6th ed plastics. I'm still working on a halberd armed unit and may try to use these guys for that. Tomorrow I'll get my hands on them.

I feel the same about the goblins.  I learned to hate GW's orcs and Mantic's were better but still not exactly right.  These are much more to my taste.

• Like 1