Crowley

Crowley's Ghost Archipelago Warband

Time to get the crew together, starting with the Heritor and Warden!

_20171118_222448.thumb.JPG.34ae46bf3892c546e126b1e233637cd3.JPG

Tonight was all about cleaning flash and mold lines, and there was a fair bit to do on both of these ladies. Also the Heritors swords were both really bent. They'll both be cut from their bases tomorrow and attached to new textured bases that all of the crew will be using.

_20171118_222428.thumb.JPG.c4ad44f2c445483ba0e38303452b1ad8.JPG

More on that tomorrow!

Edited by Crowley
  • Like 14

I removed the Heritor and Warden from their bases, as well as those of a sprue of crewmen. Then I mixed up a batch of greenstuff and stamped them with my splintered deck stamp, and then the feet of the figures. I fixed up the lines with my sculpting tool. Now I wait for them to dry!

IMG_20171119_153822.jpg

• Like 14

Images cropped to exclude Medusa bewbs. 

_20171205_110445.JPG

_20171205_110433.JPG

I'm thinking the Heritor's coat might look better in red and gold.

Edited by Crowley
Autocorrupt
  • Like 13

Well, back to it. This time working on the Warden. Added in a bit of aqua to the blue, and worked a bunch on her face.

_20180101_214221.thumb.JPG.ec1784ed89cbaa9d340c1e7f5091d346.JPG_20180101_214241.thumb.JPG.cc2831ef57a6bb4e7917886d16d9ea10.JPG_20180101_214253.thumb.JPG.632682e30b6724a20a85fed58e7fb215.JPG_20180101_214308.thumb.JPG.f0e6f07fce3bbc5e3448570f5f4bcdde.JPG

And a tiny bit on the Herator._20180101_214347.thumb.JPG.0cd90a43b62a34c7e0cf4bb3b1490e32.JPG

• Like 15

Not sure it shows, but I was working on red last night.

_20180102_214128.thumb.JPG.f6fb175ff84c7022a99601d5021df2ae.JPG_20180102_214147.thumb.JPG.322875f5629b1f0df438bbef04a1d5d7.JPG

I'd appreciate any thoughts, comments, criticism on her. Feel free to be brutal!

• Like 10

She is LOOKIN' GOOD! I think you should redo the upper lash on her left (viewer's right) eye; re, the white breaks the arch.

The highlight red looks pretty good. I do my highlights on red in orange & yellow/orange; then I do a wash with the base red color.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By lowlylowlycook
      I like Northstar's plastic fantasy figs because they have a Dark Age, Tolkienesque feel.  I've decided to paint up my dwarves so that I can more easy justify buying the elves that are coming out soon.

So far I've put three shades of metalic paint all the minis but I'll be painting each unit of 6 or 12 on their own.  First up are some speardwarves . 

I'm thinking that the beards should lean towards blonde to complement the blue cloth.  Maybe some pale yellow spear shafts?  Oh, and I also need to order some transfers for their shields.

Eventually the whole army  will all get some Polyshades brushed on to pick out the details.

• By Sanael
      So, a looooooong time ago, I painted this as a gift to my then-girlfriend (now wife), known to a few around here as Nissiana:

Then the 54mm "Master Series" came out. Nissiana picked up the Monique DeNoir figure and painted a stellar monochrome version as a gift for me. Around the same time (shortly after the model was released, so early 2008), I picked up the 54mm counterpart of the above figure, Maria Roseblade. I intended at the time to paint her as a gift to Nissiana...and I started painting her. Got a few basecoats, even. Then, other projects for games, contests, etc. cropped up and Maria was sidelined. It's been a running joke ever since, as Nissiana knows about the intended gift.

So, before mid-March 2018, I want to finish this up.

Here's where we are:

I want to follow the oxblood leather/blue top ideas of the original figure, but the light blue piping is getting replaced with ivory lace. I'm also happy with where I left a lot of the skin, so I don't need to repaint much. But there's plenty left to do!

The white patch on her thigh is greystuff, required for some gap filling.

Here we go!
    • By VolksFest
      These three are from the Northstar Military Figures Skeleton Set, meant for the D&D game I found myself DM'ing after 10 years, lol.  

My photo skillz are suffering more than ever it seems.. Here is another try with different lighting:

They are very finely detailed and great fun to paint. Thanks for looking and C&C is as always very much appreciated. 
    • By VolksFest
      (.. continued from here)

-Mi'lady?
      He was a middle aged man carrying books under his arms and on a bundle slung across his shoulder. Many bobs and bits dangled on ropes attached to his body. He was out of breath and looked as if he really wanted to be somewhere else.

-You must be Master Barius' apprentice. Rufus was it?
      -Yes Mi'lady.
      -Good, good.. I have urgent business with your master. Please take me to him.

After a longbut uneventful journey they finally reached the gates of the gardens of Barius' Tower. It was a high tower made of ivory with no apparent windows or doors.
      -This way, Mi'lady.

Once they were inside the tower, Finarri was surprised to find it to be much more spacious than it seemed from outside.
      -Magic.. she muttered under her breath, her unease increasing yet her mission urging her to go on.

-Is that you Rufus? Have you found the tomes? All of them, yes?
      Spoke the old wizard without raising his head from the ancient book he was leaning on.
      -Ehem.. Master, you have a visitor.

There was a long and unnerving silence and the old man finally raised his head and looked at Finarri as if realizing she was there for the first time.

-Hmm.. so it seems we have a visitor Rufus. Why haven't you told me before?
      -But I ... oh nevermind. This is Lady Finarri from the High Temple, master. She is a..
      -A Paladin, yes, yes.. I can.. feel it.. So, Lady Paladin.. what brings you to my Tower?

Well, having been bitten by the Frostgrave bug it seems that I have evolved from boardgaming to the wargaming episode of my life. I have started by getting and painting my wizard and apprentice to some semblance of a tabletop quality.. 

Well, said too much already. Thanks for looking and C&C is always appreciated. 

• By Dr.Bedlam
      So today I got my "Pirates" set from Antediluvian Miniatures. Nine days, transatlantic. The set consists of "pirates" who could conceivably be painted to somewhat resemble Inigo Montoya, Fezzik, Vizzini, and the Man in Black, aka Westley the Barn Boy, aka the Dread Pirate Roberts.

They sit on my workbench, the primer drying. And while I thought to myself, "These figures will make fine NPCs and guest stars, as well as wonderful showpieces," I also find myself thinking, "It's a durn shame they couldn't have stuck Princess Buttercup in there. And Prince Humperdinck, while I'm thinking about it. And what about the Six Fingered Man? Hell, and Miracle Max? And his wife?"

And so, while I wait for the primer to dry, I ask the Group Mind: What figures, from what manufacturers, would be convincing doubles for:

*Princess Buttercup
      *Prince Humperdinck
      *The Six Fingered Man
      *Miracle Max
      *Max's wife?

• Who's Online   42 Members, 4 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)