Well, if we follow the money...Blackened Brown, Linen White, Desert Sand and Blue Liner are the bottles I have replaced the most frequently (other than primers, varnishes, etc.)...Walnut Brown is up there, but I like Blackened better.

I also love Ancient Oak and Deadrose Red, and I couldn't live without the Marine Teal triad.

• Like 4

I tend to use a lot of specific color families, not any one specific paint SKU.  But I have noticed I grab the Bloodthirsty Triad (09745) quite frequently.

1 hour ago, Gadgetman! said:

Deadrose Red isn't that an old ProPaint?

(discontinued eons ago, or something like that)

#9653.  It was a Reapercon paint from 6-7 years ago.  2012, I believe. Same year we got Sophie Silver. 

• Like 1

I had forgotten Deadrose was a Reapercon color. I think we got it in 2015 (the second "Western" RCon).

A little digging... it was originally a Pro Paint color.  Became a 2011 Reapercon paint, and was revived in 2014 along with colors from 2012 and 2013 (like Carnival Purple.)  That was a good year to be at the con, 12 bottles of paint between the swag bag and banquets. 

• Like 3

Peacock Green is one of my go-tos; a very nice deep blue-y green.

Dragon Red is turning out to be one of my go-tos, when I'm not using Mahogany Brown for a similar purpose.

I'm going to second Nightshade Purple; that's been one of my go-to near-blacks for a while.

Nightmare Black, for a good dark blue that's easier to get than Corporeal Shadow.

I use a lot of the Olive skin triad, it's one of my favorites. I use bits of others as needed, but nothing comes to mind as something that shows up on my palette a lot.

Maggot White/Linen White are the white colours I prefer, although I'll use Pure White where called for.

Don't think I have any others, really.

• Like 2

Adding Red Brick to my list of near-black-purples. It is more purple than Nightshade is, and not as close to black. I find it super useful in blending to get the right shadow colors, for both cloth stuff, and skin tones. It has enough of that red to make skin look good. Thinned down, it loses the blackness, and becomes a red-purple. My current WIP has Red Brick as a glazed *under* layer, then glazed *over* for shadows.... on top of the Golden Skin triad. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

My current WIP has Red Brick as a glazed *under* layer, then glazed *over* for shadows.... on top of the Golden Skin triad

Would love to see some pics of this combo.  Is there a WIP thread?

Just now, Clearman said:

Would love to see some pics of this combo.  Is there a WIP thread?

Not right now. It is the DSM ranger for the competition. I think we're allowed to post stuff.... but I'm leaving it as a surprise. Her cloak is going to be peacock feathers though, and I built up her base with more rocks. Because I can paint rocks. I like rocks. Rocks like me. 

But, I did use the Golden Skin triad as the primary ones because it is one of the better triads. I just have modified it with the Bronzed Skin triad, Red Brick, Fair Highlight, and some of the Rosy Skin triad.

Golden and Bronzed are the best triads I've used yet, closely followed by the Dark Elf Skin triad. The Dark Elf skin triad is also super good for painting "black". 

• Like 3