Sign in to follow this  
Tjrez

December specials?

15 hours ago, OneBoot said:

...and there are mold lines everywhere.

I've already order my pre-production Kaladrax, but I just noticed what OneBoot said and wanted to clarify. I wasn't expecting the pre-production Kaladraxes to have more mold lines than a standard Kaladrax. Were the mold lines just more pronounced than what's typical on a regular Bones model or were there actually multiple mold lines on some of the parts?

11 hours ago, strawhat said:

There were some (nuked) posts from early October.  But without the source material I can't go back and decide if it was confusion about the factory seconds or if there was an "oopsie" moment.

The 'nuked' posts you are referring to were forum members speculating that it was a new version. Which it is not.

Here's the wording on the actual package:

"This box contains a complete plastic Kaladrax skeletal dragon miniature. These parts are the initial pre-production shots to ensure the quality and fidelity of the molding process. As these are pre-production parts, they were cast in a darker material and may be softer or more flexible than the final production copies."

Link to listing in the store

2 minutes ago, moose_shepard said:

I've already order my pre-production Kaladrax, but I just noticed what OneBoot said and wanted to clarify. I wasn't expecting the pre-production Kaladraxes to have more mold lines than a standard Kaladrax. Were the mold lines just more pronounced than what's typical on a regular Bones model or were there actually multiple mold lines on some of the parts?

Just more pronounced in some areas, like along the vertebrae. I was expecting something of the sort, though, given that it was from the initial "test shots" run.

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 1

OK...talked me into the Kaly.  Not sure daughter will ever get it painted since it seems like she has started to prefer the smaller minis but it is one we never got.  Of course, now I gotta find other things so I can get over $40. :)

Looks like this will be stuff all for her...birthday is in Jan so I can split it up and give some for both holiday and birthday.

87192: Kaladrax - Pre-Production Castings $24.99 x1
14552: Sylph $6.49 x1
50235: Edna, Crazy Cat Lady $7.99 x1
09105: Sparkling Amethyst $3.29 x1

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

At that price I'm tempted to get a Kally just for the base...

It is a darn good base ....

• Like 3

Hey guess what showed up at my door today?!!?!!  I love next day delivery at no extra cost.  If I did not know better i would think Bryan visited and dropped it off himself.

Edited by hungerfan
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, hungerfan said:

Hey guess what showed up at my door today?!!?!!  I love next day delivery at no extra cost.  If I did not know better i would think Bryan visited and dropped it off himself.

So what's the overall quality of the parts?

• Like 1

On 11/25/2017 at 4:51 PM, Cranky Dog said:

I have yet to open it.  Checked to make sure everything ordered was in box while she was busy and closed it all up.  If I remember when home for lunch I can pop it open and give it a look.

• Like 1

On 11/25/2017 at 4:51 PM, Cranky Dog said:

Afraid to take it all out of box since I am sure it would not go back in right.  Took a pic to show the pieces in there.  The ones I see look real nice. 

20171127_130137.thumb.jpg.9f8b2461ea4e3016631e0a20bcd59453.jpg

• Like 5

Are there any spoilers yet on the Dec 25th Anniversary mini?  I have an order to make and am trying to decide if I should split it up or get it all now based on what that mini is going to be.

• Like 2