Sign in to follow this  
Tjrez

December specials?

72 hours and 41 minutes until the floodgates open and my wallet drains to ZERO!

Looking forward to the triple threat of 12 days, Holiday Releases and Dec 25th Anniversary!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

And me ordering at least 1 navitity boxed set. Husband previously was all negative, but when suggested this time he was very positive. He likes the idea of having a navitity painted by me. 

• Like 10

25 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

What kind of deals have they offered during the 12 days in the past?

In the past it's been similar to the 25th anniversary promo...  Spend $X and get a free mini.  Which is why I'm not sure how that would work with the traditional 12 Days promo.  

It did occur to me that there are 12 anniversary minis so it would be a convenient way to fill the 12 Days, but that's just me trying to guess what they might do.  

43 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

What kind of deals have they offered during the 12 days in the past?

12 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

In the past it's been similar to the 25th anniversary promo...  Spend $X and get a free mini.  Which is why I'm not sure how that would work with the traditional 12 Days promo.  

It did occur to me that there are 12 anniversary minis so it would be a convenient way to fill the 12 Days, but that's just me trying to guess what they might do.  

Correct, thou what happened last year & the year before at least, starting at a certain date (I wanna say the 12 days before Christmas, hence the name of the promo) Reaper offered a new holiday themed mini per day. Spend X amount of dollars that day, you got that mini for free. So similar to the 25th promo, just on that day only. The minis that were offered last year are at the bottom of this page

Reaper Special Editions 

(the holiday themed ones)

I'm hoping they offer some of last years more then bringing in new ones. I missed a bunch as I wasn't able to do more then 1 order last year. I got the goblin carolers but after seeing the gnome I really wished I could have gotten that one as well. Heck let us have the option of buying those minis & I'd be very happy this year!!

• Like 8

1 minute ago, haldir said:

Correct, thou what happened last year & the year before at least, starting at a certain date (I wanna say 12 days before Christmas) Reaper offered a new holiday themed mini per day. Spend X amount of dollars that day, you got that mini for free. So similar to the 25th promo, just on that day only. The minis that were offered last year are at the bottom of this page

Reaper Special Editions 

(the holiday themed ones)

I'm hoping they offer some of last years more then bringing in new ones. I missed a bunch as I wasn't able to do more then 1 order last year. I got the goblin carolers but after seeing the gnome I really wished I could have gotten that one as well. Heck let us have the option of buying those minis & I'd be very happy this year!!

As I remember, the 12 Days of Reaper happened early in the month (first or second week of December?) so Reaper would have plenty of time to ship before Christmas actually arrived.  I distinctly remember we had company visiting  for a few days  last December starting on the 15th, and one of my packages was delivered while they were here, which has to mean the 12 days started a t least a few days before  that date.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

As I remember, the 12 Days of Reaper happened early in the month (first or second week of December?) so Reaper would have plenty of time to ship before Christmas actually arrived.  I distinctly remember we had company visiting  for a few days  last December starting on the 15th, and one of my packages was delivered while they were here, which has to mean the 12 days started a t least a few days before  that date.

Your right. I know the goblins were early in the promo & I know I had them before Christmas came around. Heck, I bought the holiday paint set that day. ::):  

That reminds me I need to inquire about the yellow that came in that set. Possible the cold last year did something to it or it might just be a bad paint as I've talked to a few others that have experienced the same problems. Gunky, allot of separation, etc.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, haldir said:

Your right. I know the goblins were early in the promo & I know I had them before Christmas came around. Heck, I bought the holiday paint set that day. ::):  

That reminds me I need to inquire about the yellow that came in that set. Possible the cold last year did something to it or it might just be a bad paint as I've talked to a few others that have experienced the same problems. Gunky, allot of separation, etc.

The yellow in my set was fine. I do have a color bought from a retailer that sounds like that. I think it was subjected to extreme temps.

Well we did have some higher then normal snowfall last year around the time the order was place (all part of the snowed under the Pacific Northwest got last year). So I'm thinking it may have suffered some extreme cold on the journey. Thou it's the only color that got affected in the set.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, haldir said:

Yes, I remember there was a lot of concern over the Holiday paint set last year as much of the country was in the grip of a surprise early arctic deep freeze for most of the 12 Day’s of Reaper.    Our company was from Texas, and we had to loan them all our spare winter coats and hats whenever we went out anywhere!   

• Like 2

The Holiday Paint Set was well packaged with all the paints in the middle and lots of foam around them.  None of mine had issues but I managed to get it indoors super fast.  If one of your colors was ruined in transit then now might be a good time to get a replacement while they're in stock.  

• Like 3

Last year, I was fortunate to be able to ship my Holiday Paint Set to the post office where it was kept nice and warm in the frozen north. Haven't noticed any of them degrading faster.

P.S. I just realized that the thread title can be read as: "December 25th", Anniversary Mini. And I know of one famous person born on that date. [Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau! Seriously. But I was thinking about the guy from Bethlehem.]

I'm suddenly imagining a miscast Bones Baby Jesus, and thinking it's blasphemous. Then modding it to ride a laser shark to earn myself a front seat on my trip to hell.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

For my purposes, the extra bendiness of Kaladrax Seconds was awesome!  I still have it in the box, cause I'm not ready to start on that big bad diorama... but I was super stoked.  Plus I have extra spine / tail thanks to OneBoot!  

• Like 2

Fortunately I'm a bit of a Scrouge so the idea of holiday themed minis don't really appeal to me and I can save that money for more Bone IV! 

• Like 3