Sign in to follow this  
Tjrez

December specials?

59 minutes ago, Cranky Dog said:

Last year, I was fortunate to be able to ship my Holiday Paint Set to the post office where it was kept nice and warm in the frozen north. Haven't noticed any of them degrading faster.

P.S. I just realized that the thread title can be read as: "December 25th", Anniversary Mini. And I know of one famous person born on that date. [Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau! Seriously. But I was thinking about the guy from Bethlehem.]

I'm suddenly imagining a miscast Bones Baby Jesus, and thinking it's blasphemous. Then modding it to ride a laser shark to earn myself a front seat on my trip to hell.

One of the best thing on the net that shows what I feel about Christmas & how early it seems to creep out every year.

f20119a1602c6b757f837288f281e099.jpg

I'm not one for holiday themed items as well, probably why I only got the goblins last year. I guess I'm more in it for the neatness of the figures.

As far as that yellow. I kinda forgot about till I seen the set at ReaperCon this year & then started talking with someone about that color & it's problem. I think I know why I didn't say something to Reaper before was due to we had a long winter last season & I really didn't want them to just replace that single color right then & there only for it to suffer the same possible fate of being left out in the cold again. We get out mail later in day like 3 or 4 pm & back in the months of Jan thru March or so there were times we wouldn't get it till like 5 or 6 due to the snow on the roads. (My town they plow 1 road, the others, ehhh your on your own there). 

I guess it couldn't hurt to see if Reaper will replace it next month when I order.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, NecroMancer said:

Fortunately I'm a bit of a Scrouge so the idea of holiday themed minis don't really appeal to me and I can save that money for more Bone IV! 

I am a grinch when it comes to traditional stuff, to an extent. I don't mind a Santa or whatnot, but won't spend extra for that. Fairies and cute dragons and goblins? Yeah. Got me there. The dragons with the piles of gifts are adorable. Equally applicable to Hannukah and birthdays! And New Years stuff can be pleasing to me. Sophie with champagne? Sure!

The Jewish side of the family would like seeing some Hannukah-ish stuff painted for them probably. The Christmas-celebraters on the other side probably don't care for a holiday figure from me any more than any other figure I'd be likely to paint. I'd be better off just doing things for them as individuals. 

• Like 4

Just got my Kaladrax and dry fitted it. Roughly half the pieces are white Bones and half are gray.

I don't have an original to compare mine to but it didn't seem inordinately bendy. In fact, due to his posture, I'm thinking I might not even need to pin him...unlike some of the other Bones dragons. (I'm looking at you, Stormwing!)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, NecroMancer said:

Fortunately I'm a bit of a Scrouge so the idea of holiday themed minis don't really appeal to me and I can save that money for more Bone IV! 

They have a fantastic tinker gnome that would be good for other than Christmas themes. Same with the winter fairie. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, NecroMancer said:

A lot of the Christmas models also work very well as winter themed adventurers. Though the colour schemes chosen for the reference pictures do giveaway the original intent.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, haldir said:

One of the best thing on the net that shows what I feel about Christmas & how early it seems to creep out every year.

f20119a1602c6b757f837288f281e099.jpg

I guess it couldn't hurt to see if Reaper will replace it next month when I order.

With the Nativity box set coming out, and knowing that things such as Pride and Prejudice and Zombies exist, it's just begging for inappropriate levels diorama modding.

Nativity Night of the Living Dead?

Baby Jesus vs. the Snake People?

At the Manger of Madness?

The Crèche and the Crab People?

Man, there sure is a lot of thunder and lightning outside all of a sudden.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

The December limited editions are shown on the Reaper.com page now.

Don't see any new sculpts, but for anyone who missed these when they first were offered there are some very nice minis featured.

The pack reindeer and Nick the Christmas Rogue are two of my favourites.

No word yet on what minis the 12 Days of Reaper will be.

It does mention that it'll start on December 6th.

• Like 5

I'm still holding out hope that we can just purchase that day's special mini. Say for 24 hours. I'd be me inclined spend more if that was an option vs whatever you need to get X mini that day. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

It also says they'll tell us on monday - that is, the 4th.

It looks like they are just doing a Holiday Special promotion with a lot of those minis you all wanted but did not get in the past.

Edit:  OR did they do this last year on top of the 12 days?  Slept since then so don't remember what all was available.

Edited by hungerfan
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, hungerfan said:

It looks like they are just doing a Holiday Special promotion with a lot of those minis you all wanted but did not get in the past.

Edit:  OR did they do this last year on top of the 12 days?  Slept since then so don't remember what all was available.

IIRC last year they had Holiday minis for sale throughout the month, and 12 Days minis as well. 

• Like 3

I really hope that there's a way to get some of those 12 Days minis from last year...  I missed out on the fairy and I think the gnome.  Definitely want to get the gnome.  Guess I've got something to look forward to on Monday.  ^_^ 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

The December limited editions are shown on the Reaper.com page now.

Don't see any new sculpts, but for anyone who missed these when they first were offered there are some very nice minis featured.

The pack reindeer and Nick the Christmas Rogue are two of my favourites.

Mkay. Then I shall wait until at least the 6th to pull the trigger on stuff. I do like Christmas Eve - she's simply a pretty figure. Might Hannukah her up a bit though. Blue white and gold dresses are pretty! 

• Like 4