Knight of the Dinner Table

Ducks Lost in the Dungeons of Doom IV: Quack Keep

This Kickstarter campaign is a collaboration between legendary game designer Jennell Jaquays and sculptor Darcy Perry, following the appearance of ducks in the previous Star Hat Miniatures Kickstarter: Delvers Lost in the Dungeons of Doom III. 

This is also an opportunity for YOU to contribute! With the Legendary Hero pledge, YOU can collaborate with us to bring new characters to the Quack Keep module and gaming table.

The Module  

This Kickstarter will provide funds for Quack Keep - inspired by classic game adventure modules of the past but written to be more approachable for a new generation of role-players and workable with a wide range of game rules thanks to the 5th Wall Generic Rank System. It even comes with a fold-out GM screen as a cover!

The title is a nod to Quag Keep, the first novel based on a roleplaying game, published by Andre Norton in 1978 - around the same time that Jennell Jaquays began producing Advanced Dungeons & Dragons and Runequest modules for Judges Guild. The Caverns of Thracia and Dark Tower are both best-selling examples of her early work, both still in print after almost 40 years.  

The later inspired Legendary Duck Tower and other Tales, which included a ducky-pastiche of her original Dark Tower cover. It was due to this and her work for Chaosium that Jennell Jaquays "was pretty much labeled as that designer and artist who did the ducks."

Eldritch SwanSong. Eldritch SwanSong.

Father Quack. Father Quack.

Froduck. Froduck.

Glen Fidduck. Glen Fidduck.

The Grey Moulter. The Grey Moulter.

Join us for an adventure with Ducks Lost in the Dungeons of Doom IV: Quack Keep!

Legendary Duck! YOU be the HERO! Legendary Duck! YOU be the HERO!

Stretch Goals

There is a Stretch Goal unleashed for every 1k funding goal reached and each one is a game changer: a new Duck will appear! Either a new Duck Hero or Legendary Duck will be made available for you to choose as part of your pledge.

1k Stretch Goal Unleashed: Oduck! 1k Stretch Goal Unleashed: Oduck!

2k Stretch Goal Unleashed: The Quack Knight! 2k Stretch Goal Unleashed: The Quack Knight!

Glen Fidduck is almost a must-have for me ;)

Edited by Knight of the Dinner Table
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

I want this to come true so bad. *makes chocolate offerings to any gods that's paying attention*

Daffyd's origins

Daffyd's origins

I thought I’d contribute a little of my own behind-the-scenes work on Quack Keep. In this case, the “origin” of the dragonish beast on the cover. In this case, Daffyd Platypyros (spelled “platypyrus” here) began as an idea for duckish dragon. I do most of my work digitally now, but occasionally, I sit down with a notebook to spam out ideas and sometimes those ideas come out as doodles. The creature began as a duck-dragon idea and has been developing from there. Currently, she’s a cursed being, someone who made some poor choices, had a misadventure, and then ended up as she is. In the process, she became one of the formative events behind what happened in the history of Reedy Bend, the area where Quack Keep can be found. 

From doodle, to monster concept, to story element, and quite likely to miniature if we get sufficient backing.

• Like 6

On 11/24/2017 at 8:24 PM, pcktlnt said:

I want this to come true so bad. *makes chocolate offerings to any gods that's paying attention*

Daffyd's origins

Daffyd's origins

I thought I’d contribute a little of my own behind-the-scenes work on Quack Keep. In this case, the “origin” of the dragonish beast on the cover. In this case, Daffyd Platypyros (spelled “platypyrus” here) began as an idea for duckish dragon. I do most of my work digitally now, but occasionally, I sit down with a notebook to spam out ideas and sometimes those ideas come out as doodles. The creature began as a duck-dragon idea and has been developing from there. Currently, she’s a cursed being, someone who made some poor choices, had a misadventure, and then ended up as she is. In the process, she became one of the formative events behind what happened in the history of Reedy Bend, the area where Quack Keep can be found. 

From doodle, to monster concept, to story element, and quite likely to miniature if we get sufficient backing.

"Somebody get this freakin' duck away from me!"

5a1ab59421a65_freakingduck.thumb.jpg.8ed4a0515240683cac51cc919d7045f5.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Greetings Delvers!

100 Quackers have pledged for this Kickstarter campaign. Let’s just take a moment to let that sink in...

Ok, now let’s celebrate! Every Legendary miniature I sculpt will now become a FREE gift for duck mini backers. So if you back this Kickstarter campaign  for Lone Duck or above, you are getting some additional miniatures for your pledge! How cool is that!?

Duke Crow is now FREE! (Except for Torchbearer and Quack Keep PDF only backers). Duke Crow is now FREE! (Except for Torchbearer and Quack Keep PDF only backers).

I am continuing to sculpt more ducks for you to choose from. Here is the latest duck, Bigus Duckus.

Bigus Duckus - The Last Centurion! Bigus Duckus - The Last Centurion!
  • Like 5

Couple of news:

NZ$99 Add-On: Daffyd Platypyros - Large Resin Miniature!

5k Stretch Goal Unleashed: Whimsica de Loon!

7k Stretch Goal Unleashed: Katnip Everduck!

8k Stretch Goal Unleashed: Wanda Duck!

9k Stretch Goal Unleashed: Shyllip Duckbaneson!

Darcy has big plans ... he intends to sculpt around 40 miniatures for this Kickstarter, thus there is a new pledge level:

DUCK INN: Pledge NZ$ 249 or more and receive The Quack Keep module as a PDF download AND in print! Plus every miniature in this Kickstarter! Over 30 miniatures! Plus the impressive Daffyd Platypyros!

• Like 3

I'm ... cough ... getting my own miniature ... well ... sort of ...

My Kickstarter handle is Weresheep (long story) ... so ....

"3 days to go! What’s happening here? Well, things are getting crazy. The Legendary pledge hasn’t proved as popular in this Kickstarter so I have chosen a few friends to immortalise in metal. One such fellow is Stefan aka Weresheep.

I live in New Zealand and it may seem like a stereotype but yes, these are my sheep...

My flock! My flock!

Stefan is a guitar playing gamer from Germany. Here is what we came up with:

Work in progress photo: Stefan Weresheep the Baabaarian Baard! Work in progress photo: Stefan Weresheep the Baabaarian Baard!

Wait til you see his Axe!"

• Like 4

Dangit. $100 is a little too high for me at the moment, but it's a platypus dragon! Ahhhh... maybe I could just not get any ducks... T__T 

• Like 1

Awesome miniature (and FREE for every miniature pledge, even for the single duck!):

Legendary Hero Unleashed: Daisy Ladyhawk!

and: Scotia Grendel will do the casting for Europeans so European backers can choose to get their minis directly from NZ (a bit faster, but probably with import customs/duties) or produced and shipped from Scotland a bit later but without any customs/duties. Shipping charges will remain as Darcy has to ship the moulds to Scotland, too.

Edited by Knight of the Dinner Table
  • Like 3