1 hour ago, KruleBear said:

Absolutely brilliant. I love it. 

Thanks for the kind reply, KruleBear. The morale boost is appreciated.

• Like 2

Well, I ain't going for no walk in them woods, thank you very much.. Not only walking in the woods themselves are nasty disturbing uncomfartable things, they make you late for dinner too.. And woe to the lonely walker that should stumble upon these incredibly well done and super imaginative trio of trees... 

No, my good wizard of sculpts and paints, no, I don't imagine anyone west of Bree would have much interest in walking in those woods! Good morning!

• Like 4

8 hours ago, VolksFest said:

Well, I ain't going for no walk in them woods, thank you very much.. Not only walking in the woods themselves are nasty disturbing uncomfartable things, they make you late for dinner too.. And woe to the lonely walker that should stumble upon these incredibly well done and super imaginative trio of trees... 

No, my good wizard of sculpts and paints, no, I don't imagine anyone west of Bree would have much interest in walking in those woods! Good morning!

The Spooky Woods is, at best, an uninviting place that is avoided by most sensible Folk. Of course, the Loonies that do go there usually have some fun with only an occasional nightmare.

I am glad you entered & enjoyed the trip, VolksFest. Thanks for the kind reply. 

7 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

Your work is so full of character it's always a treat, or should I say treant, to see what you've done next.

Greatstuff!

Thanks for the kind words, Darsc Zacal! I am delighted you like the Trees...the morale boost is appreciated.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NecroMancer said:

Fantastic!  It reminds me of a super dark Wizard of Oz but instead on throwing apple they throw poisonous mushrooms!

...the Woods on the way to the Witch's Castle had some creepy trees as well. I loved the vultures with the light up eyes.

Thanks for the reply, NecroMancer...glad you like them.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, 72moonglum said:

Very cool and kind of scary, but in a freaky cool sort of way...

Thanks for the reply, moonglum. I am happy you like the stuff.

I have been told that my stuff can cause nightmares. That does make it scary; probably in the same way clowns can be scary.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, londwch said:

Fascinating , great stuff. Keep it coming.

Thanks for a kind reply, londwch. I am happy you enjoyed the Trees. I will keep posting my stuff as long as I am here.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By lazarp
      These two were made out of hot glue and given a quick paintjob by my sister and me. I like how they look and I made 4x medium and 8x small ones the same way. Will post them too when painted If you like these! :D

Next to a reaper bones orc:

Before the paintjob:

• By RandomExtra
      I started a D&D campaign for my son and some of his friends, and using it as an excuse to acquire and paint some new minis. Here is my son's Tiefling sorcerer (sorceress?)The plan: We don't really like the "combat bikini" on this one, so I am going to attempt to add, well something to it. It won't be great, probably wont even look good, but hey I'm only trying to get better, so please comment, critique, advise, instruct, and what not.
      Going with a light purple skin because its for a Tiefling character, and I think purple is an interesting color to paint. Turquoise colored garments as a complimentary color, and some yellow gold metal for some contrast.

And some color after the nip tuck. I went with blue for a base cause I'm guessing it will work better with the purple skin.
      We decided to chop the staff and try for a glass orb for the arcane focus. Any recommendations are appreciated.

Finally to end the night with some Green stuff. I started with a "sheet" of it for the Front and Back panels. I'm going to try to add some detail tomorrow after this dries.
      Overall I don't think the cloth is laying quite right, or the size is off. Either way I hope I can fix it in the next session.
    • By malefactus
      Another month another batch of Mushrooms & Associates. This month is a bit lighter than last. I started it toward the end of last month's Gang...which is still waiting on some Show Off photos. 
      I am also hoping to squeeze in some Pumpkinheads & other Halloween strangeness elsewhere. More of that later. For now, The Mushrooms:

With the ever popular Leo Sizechek for comparison:

I got the idea to do a Mushroom/Goblin Wizard from this illustration:

Mine is a bit seedier:

A Goblin Faerie sidekick seemed appropriate. Appropriate or not I wanted to try out some paper punch butterfly wings with a foam coating inner layer:

AND base coated & ready for color:

More whenever.
    • By Rigel
      The clay golem. So overmuscled! So cantankerous-looking! So versatile for conversions!

It's probably cliche at this point, thinking this guy would make a great Edward Hyde. But that doesn't make it wrong! Some green stuff tatters, a grommet, and a pin, and here we are. Look at that savage hairy-knuckled brute! 

For my Western game, set in the 1870s-ish, I made a spinoff cleric-like class, the Sawbones, for healers that prefer Mad Science to religion; people like Dr. Moreau, or Dr. Jekyll, or Dr. Frankenstein, or Dr. Herbert West. The 59009 lady scientist is the mini my Sawbones player uses for her character, and Hyde Formula is absolutely something she would concoct and abuse.

So here's the pair of them. 

I am actually proud of the Hyde conversion! 

• By malefactus
      I found a wonderfully bizarre illustration of an armored Rhino by James Christensen. It is just my kind of Beasty:

AND I just happened to have a toy Rhino grazing in The Vault:

SO I started working on making my own version of the illustration:

At this point the green stuff work is done with the exception of some touch ups & embellishments:

The Rhino in his prime...so to speak:

I thought I would be more motivated to finish painting the Big Guy if I post here as well as in The Last Hurrah Thread...I have a lot of strange thoughts.
      Today I started adding some colors to the base. Photos are likely...sometime or other.
  • Who's Online   12 Members, 0 Anonymous, 44 Guests (See full list)