Reaper Ron

Reaper 25th Anniversary Miniature for December - Ametrine Earthlyte

10 hours ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

That is a nice miniature, and with my wife on board to get the nativity set (and me wanting the christmas colors haha), I may actually get some 25th anniversary mini's finally. But I am confused, is she holding the dagger in her left hand, backwards? what I mean by that is, it looks like it's palm out, not fingers out as would be normal. Is that the way she is supposed to be holding it?

I thought the same thing too at first with her hand.  However if you hold something in your own hand and go through a throwing motion, the non-throwing hand naturally turns under.  I think it looks weird because most people aren't holding a dagger while throwing stuff.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bustedknee said:

I thought the same thing too at first with her hand.  However if you hold something in your own hand and go through a throwing motion, the non-throwing hand naturally turns under.  I think it looks weird because most people aren't holding a dagger while throwing stuff.

yeah... that works - try it

hold the dagger in your left hand Psycho style like you were about to attack the shower - as you reach your right hand back to throw the potion, the left rotates

who knew?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, Lidless Eye said:

Looks like Ametrine changed classes since her last two incarnations.

She's great!

Why do you think I added her other two incarnations in my shopping cart? :poke:

P.S. I also have extra Dain Deepaxes.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

Why do you think I added her other two incarnations in my shopping cart? :poke:

P.S. I also have extra Dain Deepaxes.

Her second incarnation had a weapon swap and was the Champion for my Warhammer Hammerers for a while.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sanael said:

I was unfamiliar with Ametrine. Now I need all three versions. Well done.

Most of the 25th Anniversary minis had earlier incarnations, sometimes more than one.

I know I painted her second incarnation. I freehanded the word "bad***" onto her tiny mace. I *think* I did the first incarnation back when I used enamels and all I painted were Garrity figures. She's a fun character. 

Speaking of characters.... since some of these have multiple figures of same name, are there any little character bios to go with them? It seems like they've been adored enough to earn at least a paragraph. Like "Ametrine Earthlyte is a dwarf of many talents. She stabs her foes, she smashes them with hammers, but she's also keen at making potions! While most dwarves enjoy a good grog, she was in her basement brewing up something better". 

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Cyradis said:

Speaking of characters.... since some of these have multiple figures of same name, are there any little character bios to go with them? It seems like they've been adored enough to earn at least a paragraph. Like "Ametrine Earthlyte is a dwarf of many talents. She stabs her foes, she smashes them with hammers, but she's also keen at making potions! While most dwarves enjoy a good grog, she was in her basement brewing up something better". 

Lysette does... A number of the Warlord figures have character bios, but Lysette's the only one of the 25th Ann. figures that had a Warlord incarnation.  I don't think any of the 25th Ann. characters ended up getting stats in the rpg products back in the day...

Fun fact: I used to have a friend named Bonnie who lives up in Winnipeg (ish) who literally* looks exactly like this version of Ametrine as Michael Proctor painted her... ::):   I'm going to have to see if I can track Bonnie down and get a current address for her so I can paint one for her...

*(Bonnie has Larsen's Syndrome - she's only 4'2" and her body and facial features look exactly like the mini's)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Beowulfthehunter said:

If I spend 40 will I get this mini AND the 12 days of Xmas mini?

I have not actually seen that stated anywhere, hopefully a Reaper employee can clarify.  HOWEVER, you can purchase the 25th Anniversary mini, but you can't purchase the 12 Days minis.  

6 hours ago, LittleBluberry said:

I have not actually seen that stated anywhere, hopefully a Reaper employee can clarify.  HOWEVER, you can purchase the 25th Anniversary mini, but you can't purchase the 12 Days minis.  

It was confirmed in the Dec Specials Naughty or Nice thread (page 2 almost at the bottom) that they do stack.

Edited by nakos
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, nakos said:

It was confirmed in the Dec Specials Naughty or Nice thread (page 2 almost at the bottom) that they do stack.

If this is the post you're thinking of:

Then it looks like it was confirmation that the Bones sampler stacks with the 25th Anniversary special, no mention was made of the 12 Days promo.  I'm not trying to be a wet blanket, but I don't want people to jump to a conclusions and then be disappointed.  

• Like 1