6 hours ago, strawhat said:

Have you looked at any S Scale scenery for model trains?

I know that Hot Wheels/Matchbox aren't on a strict scale, but they're "generally" considered to be 1:64--which should line up with S Scale from what I've been reading.

Yeah, but S Scale isn't very common, so sourcing it has been harder, and higher price.

20 minutes ago, Rat13 said:

Are the white ones poolstick cues without the tips, because that's what they look like?

I like the style of the black barrels but feel like the white ones are better scale wise. 

No, they're styrene pipe with a wooden dowel inside.  Haven't added belly bands to them yet, will be doing that and painting them up today to see how they look.

• Like 3

Decided to make some resin gates and turrets for the death arena.   These are the first casts out of the molds, so they are kind of rough.  And I really need to start saving for a pressure pot. 

Gaslands arena terrain.jpg

• Like 12

Decided that I needed some taller walls.  These will do double duty and show up in other games, because they are tall enough to serve as cover in 28mm stuff too.

Brick walls 3.jpg

Sheet metal walls 1.jpg

• Like 10

Got them painted up.    Want to have 8-10 cars and a fully painted tables worth of terrain for some pick-up games at AdeptiCon next week.

Brick walls 3.JPG

Sheet metal walls 4.JPG

Sheet metal walls 5.JPG

• Like 14

I'd give a lot to find motorcycles in ... what, 20mm? Been playing with this game myself.

9 hours ago, Dr.Bedlam said:

I'd give a lot to find motorcycles in ... what, 20mm? Been playing with this game myself.

Yeah, me too.  I know some people have been 3D printing ones they found on thingiverse, but I do not have a 3D printer, and my efforts to sculpt one so far have been, well, bad.

9 hours ago, Dr.Bedlam said:

Huh, not sure how that double quote happened. . . .

Edited by warlordgarou
  • Like 3

Your terrain looks great, I especially love how your walls turned out, I may even end up making similar walls.

Looking at all the different pieces has me curious though, how many cars do you have prepped and ready? I ask because every piece seems to have a different car for scale reference. 

Edited by Rat13
Dang autocorrect.

14 hours ago, Rat13 said:

Your terrain looks great, I especially love how your walls turned out, I may even end up making similar walls.

Looking at all the different pieces has me curious though, how many cars do you have prepped and ready? I ask because every piece seems to have a different car for scale reference. 

Realistically, I would only count 1 car as being mostly done, though another 4 or 5 are pretty close.  I plan on sitting down and building about 10 cars and painting them over the weekend, as well as painting up a bunch of terrain.  But 10 cars is probably only about 1/5 of the ones I have bought so far.  I will probably take a bunch of cars with me and root through the bitz bins at one of the vendors at AdeptiCon, and look for interesting parts in the bitz trading so that I can make more cars while I am there.

• Like 3

Nice plan to take this to Adepticon, hopefully I will get to see this in person. I have started getting excited about trying this game and may have bought 150 or so hot wheels for experimentation and to trade with my son.

On 3/13/2018 at 8:20 PM, Dr.Bedlam said:

I was fortunate to find my old Dark Future set which has two decent looking bikes in it. I also bought WWII German bike kit from Zvezda miniatures in 1/72 scale which looks like it might look good. I also ordered a couple EXPENSIVE white metal dirt bikes from Europe, but they haven't arrived yet to evaluate their size. Now if I could just find the missing parts to my Dark Future cars. ...:;):

Edited by KruleBear
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, KruleBear said:

I was fortunate to find my old Dark Future set which has two decent looking bikes in it. I also bought WWII German bike kit from Zvezda miniatures in 1/72 scale which looks like it might look good. I also ordered a couple EXPENSIVE white metal dirt bikes from Europe, but they haven't arrived yet to evaluate their size. Now if I could just find the missing parts to my Dark Future cars. ...:;):

I have a couple metal bikes from the Warlands range somewhere in the basement, and I might be able to dig them up.  Found one bike from Dark Future, and one of the cars.  I have plenty of weapons (well, like a dozen, maybe) - more than I can put on the one car, so they are going on some others.  I waffle between aiming for things that look kind of realistic, and going all goofy and hog wild on them.  I'll probably do both styles along the way.

• Like 3

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 8:20 PM, Dr.Bedlam said:

Stan Johansen Miniatures has some motorcycles in the right (Hot Wheels) scale.  I've bought some and like them.  He also sells several different armor and weapons packs, some with turrets, but I've also used CAV weapons.  The driver and gunner pack is also worth a look.

And your terrain looks awesome!

• Like 1

Decided I wanted 3D templates, and I'm working on some more terrain.  Need to make another of these car piles, and maybe a couple small shacks to go with them, or some other flavor of scatter terrain.

30724523_10216056912563857_6850398925027803136_n.jpg

Drop weapons 1.JPG

• Like 11

Beautiful work!  :D  Have you ever seen those Jada "Battle Machines" cars?  (They're around 1:64 scale, so pretty close to "typical" Hot Wheels cars, and already have a bit of a "road warrior" theme going on -- though IMHO they're a little too "pretty" straight out of the box.  :)  )

I really like the look of the corrugated metal "scrap wall" barriers!  (Well, hey, I like the look of ALL of it, but those just really jumped out at me.)

I'm having Borderland flashbacks ... that game had jumps all over, as well as a lot o junk piled up ...