Osprey just released Gaslands, and since I have been a sucker for automobile combat games ever since I discovered Car Wars back in the 80s, I had to get it.  I already had some cars (courtesy of Warlands) - now I just need to convert them and build some terrain.  I knocked out the masters and molds of these yesterday, and now I have some resin terrain to put on the table.

24176858_10214865470338546_8318331508100537823_n.jpg

• Like 11

No issues so far on the demolding.  I've done five or six of them, and didn't notice any real issues.  They look ok with a quickie paint job.

24796467_10214921574021103_5123938560624358584_n.jpg

• Like 13

There has been a discussion on the FB group about ramps, and why the game needs them.  (Short answer: because the jumps would be cool.  Long answer: because shooting someone out of the sky so they land in a flaming ball of wreckage would be cool.)  Made a very quick (like, 5 minutes) mock-up to check size purposes.  I think it's about right, so I think I will work on it and clean it up, add detail, etc in the next couple of days.

(It's about 6 1/2” long, 2” wide, 1 3/4” tall, though it will probably gain a bit in detailing)

Ramp prototype.jpg

• Like 11

A couple more ramp ideas.  If I make them so that they look "industrial," I can make them in a single piece.  If I make them look like earthworks, it would be in two pieces (base and ramp), because the end would have to be enclosed to look realistic.

Ramp Prototype 2.jpg

• Like 8

Not really happy with the first attempt.  I might try to fix it when everything dries, I might scrap it and try again.  (Ignore the colors - that all gets painted anyway.  It's the gap and some general appearance issues that I dislike, which can't be fixed by paint.)

(This is the one on the left in the previous pic, fwiw)

Ramp Prototype 3.jpg

• Like 5

4 hours ago, warlordgarou said:

Not really happy with the first attempt.  I might try to fix it when everything dries, I might scrap it and try again.  (Ignore the colors - that all gets painted anyway.  It's the gap and some general appearance issues that I dislike, which can't be fixed by paint.)

(This is the one on the left in the previous pic, fwiw)

Ramp Prototype 3.jpg

I use Wallfiller for such things.

Rather cheap and you can paint over it when dry.

• Like 2

What Glitterwolf said, also you can sand it if required. Paintable silicon would also work, however I dunno if it can be sanded. 

Following Gaslands with some glee as well on Twitter, owing to all the stories of mobs descending on Walmarts and pillaging the hot wheels sections... It's just perfect =D

The gap was a fairly minor thing (and I have a big bucket of wallfiller in the basement somewhere for terrain).  It was just the one extra thing that has me scrapping it and trying another one.  The next should be made from thinner materials, so I will use less resin when I cast them.  (Matchbox cars weigh next to nothing, so it doesn't really have to support a heavy load - half the current thickness of the walls would probably be much better.)

• Like 1