• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By hungerfan
      I wanted to share this here for those of you not on the social media outlets.

My daughter's latest project was the Crazy Cat Lady that I got her for Christmas.  She painted the cats first which just amazed me because some of the detail she put on them was awesome.  Once she was done and I could not get her to touch up anything else she wanted to base.  I decided she would do it all except the super glue.  So away she went with craft glue and basing materials. She has a few more things I got her for Christmas and then birthday is in less than two weeks and I have a couple more minis for then too.  Should be a busy year if actually sit down and paint.

• By GreenBeams
      Hello all, 

i just thought i'd post this up as i was excited to see it arrive in the post today: Mr Stitches the Golem and Cat the Cat at a total of 50mm

It's exactly as it arrived out of the box from Shapeways (in the extreme detail material)and cost a total of, i think $35 inc. shipping. I haven't cleaned it or anything and i realise that it's not the easiest to see but i just wanted to pop it up here anyway!

• By GreenBeams
      Hello all!

I'm really trying to learn about sculpting for miniatures and here's my current project:

It's a Golem from artist Chris Walton

It's just at the Armature phase right now but i've started to block in my major shape masses. I'll post that when i get a bit further.

Any help/suggestions/direction on how to make this more viable for print at around 30mm would be most appreciated!

All the best, 
      Andrew Cothill

• By DMAgamus
      Hey all, DMAgamus here. It was the extra spoopy time of year again, and I always put on a special game to celebrate. WHat better thing to pain, then, than pieces from the graveyard expansion of bones 3. I present to you, the crypt at the edge of the wilds! The Halloweenies! ANd their minion, Pete the Grave Golem! Also, I've added on pics of the full board, for fun. It was a great time had by all.

Album link:Halloween Painting and Set Up

• By Thrym
      YAY!  Clearance items begotten from Game Kastle and I managed to find not one but TWO of the minis from my wishlist in their clearance!!  WOOOHOOO!

HERALD OF BLOOD
      This golem or construct of the gnomes from deep within the world is brilliantly painted by Martin Jones in the Reaper Catalog:

Painted by Martin Jones

And while I didn't want his work to influence mine I will be doing at least two things the same:

A.
      Glowing Runes and Eyes

B.
      Not Stone Spikes

I assembled this gentleman first with the idea of "full menacing pose" so both arms are over his head.

And amusingly, without referencing the above image, I swapped his arms.

So to start off, here he is Primed, Basecoated in Vallejo Game Color Yellow Olive and the Runes are in Vallejo Panzer Aces Stencil.

GOAL!!!!
      On the base, is a piece of slate and green stuff to simulate cavern floor.  Two fallen or unused mine supports are behind him.

What's next ... well, I think the final colors are going to be Purple / Black Granite with a Green under-color.
      The Runes will be a glowing Reaper Rach Red .

The Spikes will be converted into Crystals.  Which might entail some blunting of the ends to get a more crystalline appearance. 
      These crystals will ultimately be Red/Purple or Purple/Green to fit the theme so far.

ENJOY and Stay Tuned!
  • Who's Online   8 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)