Arc 724

General Drake: 50147

That is fantastic arc such smooth transustions

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OUTSTANDING! The General turned out EVEN BETTER than his W.I.P photos promised. VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Super!!

Thanks Glitterwolf! 

16 hours ago, rfusca said:

Wow, superb job! Especially the face!

Ty rfusca, I have been working on making painting more depth. 

15 hours ago, Limey72 said:

That is fantastic arc such smooth transustions

Thank you Limey. I've been working hard on that aspect of my painting.

13 hours ago, malefactus said:

OUTSTANDING! The General turned out EVEN BETTER than his W.I.P photos promised. VERY WELL DONE!

Aw, thanks Malefactus! It helps that I finally bought a tripod for my phone to take pictures with too! ::D: 

12 hours ago, Adrift said:

Awesome!

It does look like a snake :lol:

THANKS Adrift!  ::D: Ya, I realized it after I applied the varnish to it. By that point I decided it was too late. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, NecroMancer said:

Stunning!  I really love his face and the trench coat is beautiful!

THANKS! That trench coat was a labor of love. I did it a year earlier than when it sat on the shelve and I finally got back to it I when back over it with the same concept in my mind for a multi-toned leather. Thanks for noticing. ::):

3 hours ago, AMelodic said:

This is a really fun piece. I really like what you did with the base. Simple, but still interesting without detracting from the mini. Well done!

EXACTLY WHAT I WAS GOING FOR!!!!! Thanks for noticing. The tiles where provided to me back the amazing @ub3r_n3rd and as soon as I laid them out I knew that was the path I needed to go.

1 hour ago, Gargs said:

Amazing!

Thanks Gargs

1 hour ago, CAVBOSS said:

Great job! I shared this over on the CAV FB page btw. 

!!!!! ::D: Thanks CAVBOSS. I'll head over there and take a look too! ::):

• Like 1

Oh So Well Done !!

The balance of color, its application, and the brush control are spectacular.

I like the balance of the glazing, those highlights, and light on the chest color.

Beautiful, time taking work !  You done did great Arc.

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Pingo
      The GM said we needed a nosferatu, so here we are.

This is Reaper's 02867: Matthias the Twisted, a gnarly rattish vampire.

All paints used are Golden Matte Fluid Acrylics. Color mixes are (usually) noted, but not exact ratios.

Questions are welcomed and I will try to answer them. Critiques are appreciated.

This is the way I usually start miniature figures: Lightly primed with Titanium White, then when that is dry, washing it over with Burnt Umber. Burnt Umber is a dark, transparent pigment that settles into crannies when thinned down and shows the details very well. It also gives a nice warm undertone to later paint layers.

(I have to remember that I experimented with a cold blue-grey wash on some vampire figures that avoided all the nice warm undertones.)

I paint vampires with stark white skin, shaded with flat greys mixed from Titanium White and Carbon Black. This is almost the only time I ever use such a simple mix for greys.

The first layer is a thinned white (blodginess is the underpainting showing through).

Steps in shading:

• By Arc 724
      03821: Half Orc Merchant

I saw this guy and all I could think of was a random merchant walking between towns trying to stop you before you go to town and buy his wares. He might even have a quest or two at some point. 

The first photo is the base work I did on him. These is a VERY heavy miniature. I decided to keep him attached and just sculpt a base around his to blend. There will be grass and what not at the end which will blend things even better. I primed this chap then started working on his back pack and decided I should stop and do the face since it is usually the hardest point for me. It came out well and I may tweak it a be by the end. I wanted him to look like a "Fancy man" trying to get your attention and putting his best face forward to sell his wares. HA! The back pack coloration is inspired by the Legend of Zelda Breath of the wild treasure chest I saw online; dark brown with gold trim. Also in this picture you can see the rest of the base. I wanted to portray him possibly breaking over a direction sign (to the town) so you will ask him then he would offer his wares.  

• By Pingo
      This is Reaper's 03681: Nazera Bloodraven, Vampire.

I love her sculptural forms.  Whichever way she is turned, there is some interesting movement going on.  Bobby Jackson did a lovely job sculpting her.

I used iridescent interference blues and violets on her armor.  I am thinking about discussing how I paint reds.

WIP thread here.

• By sirgourls
      I actually bought 01589: Father Christmas two years ago, but I hadn't thought to slap paint on him until now. As I'm done teaching this semester, I had time to prime and paint this guy earlier this afternoon. Took me maybe three hours, which has gotta be some kind of personal best. I did chicken out on his eyes though. My brushes aren't super great and I didn't trust myself not to screw up the eyes/his face, so I didn't try them. 

• Who's Online   45 Members, 4 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)