That is fantastic arc such smooth transustions

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OUTSTANDING! The General turned out EVEN BETTER than his W.I.P photos promised. VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Super!!

Thanks Glitterwolf! 

16 hours ago, rfusca said:

Wow, superb job! Especially the face!

Ty rfusca, I have been working on making painting more depth. 

15 hours ago, Limey72 said:

That is fantastic arc such smooth transustions

Thank you Limey. I've been working hard on that aspect of my painting.

13 hours ago, malefactus said:

OUTSTANDING! The General turned out EVEN BETTER than his W.I.P photos promised. VERY WELL DONE!

Aw, thanks Malefactus! It helps that I finally bought a tripod for my phone to take pictures with too! ::D: 

12 hours ago, Adrift said:

Awesome!

It does look like a snake :lol:

THANKS Adrift!  ::D: Ya, I realized it after I applied the varnish to it. By that point I decided it was too late. 

• Like 3

Stunning!  I really love his face and the trench coat is beautiful!

Edited by NecroMancer
  • Thanks 1

This is a really fun piece. I really like what you did with the base. Simple, but still interesting without detracting from the mini. Well done!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, NecroMancer said:

Stunning!  I really love his face and the trench coat is beautiful!

THANKS! That trench coat was a labor of love. I did it a year earlier than when it sat on the shelve and I finally got back to it I when back over it with the same concept in my mind for a multi-toned leather. Thanks for noticing. ::):

3 hours ago, AMelodic said:

This is a really fun piece. I really like what you did with the base. Simple, but still interesting without detracting from the mini. Well done!

EXACTLY WHAT I WAS GOING FOR!!!!! Thanks for noticing. The tiles where provided to me back the amazing @ub3r_n3rd and as soon as I laid them out I knew that was the path I needed to go.

1 hour ago, Gargs said:

Amazing!

Thanks Gargs

1 hour ago, CAVBOSS said:

Great job! I shared this over on the CAV FB page btw. 

!!!!! ::D: Thanks CAVBOSS. I'll head over there and take a look too! ::):

• Like 1

Oh So Well Done !!

The balance of color, its application, and the brush control are spectacular.

I like the balance of the glazing, those highlights, and light on the chest color.

Beautiful, time taking work !  You done did great Arc.

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Arc 724
      Primaris Space Marine (Warhammer 40,000)
      by Games Workshop

This was my first warhammer figure I've ever done. I've always enjoyed the theme of the game but never really like the Space Marines because they are to short. When I saw these new, taller, ones I actually got excited to paint one. The height on these guys are amazing. They really have a better feel about them. The issue was that I only wanted to paint one (for now) and that is when a friendly forumnite told me about this book they just released "Getting Started with Warhammer 40,000." I jumped at the chance at the book comes with one miniature on a nice base for only $15. I called my local GW store and they saved it for me. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking to just paint a miniature and not spend loads of cash on a single miniature or a three pack. 

I decided to go with a blood angel look for this guy. But I wanted to make it look a little unique so I did those grey chevrons on the shoulder and knee. This was also the first time I've done battle damage like you see here. It was FAR easier than I thought and the look is wonderful! I was very happy the way it turned out. 

With this guy I did fill in the base with GreenStuff to give the model a little bit more weight. You can see that in the WIP below. 

Thanks for the support.  

WORK-N-PROGRESS for this piece.
    • By Sophie was taken
      Taking a break from flailing about on Bones to take some time and flail about on metal. Here is “Witch”, as the blister says:

Her pointy hat inspired me to paint her up as a Black Mage from Final Fantasy. However, that plan went out the window when it encountered her clothing layers. So  I took the opportunity to play with Yellow a bit. Probably needs a lot more work but I’m limited by my paints at the moment.

Not the greatest job, but I am happy with the end result, especially the Browns. C&C appreciated.
    • By dks
      I've been on a painting tear since ReaperCon.  Here's one from last week. 
      Pathfinder's "Iron Gods" Adventure Path crosses over into science fiction, including robots and androids, such as the android priestess Meyanda.
      Wayne Reynolds painted the cover of the Adventure Path where Meyanda appears: click for link.
      Bobby Jackson sculpted the character.  I like what he did with this delicate sculpt.

I decided to give her a sci-fi-styled base, not my usual rock/grass/leaf palette. 
      I started with a piece of plasticard shaped like square floor-tiles, gouged out some scratches, and added some debris (a robotic "piston" of two brass rods, a "cable" of brass wire, and a few chunks of rubble that I carved from the plasticard).

Enjoy,
      Derek

• By Sophie was taken
      Trying my hand at speed painting. This was not done in one sitting, but total time was about 2.5 hours, which is less than half the time it normally takes me to paint a thing. Not perfect, but pretty darn good (for me, anyway) for the time spent. Here is the Wench:

Didn’t plan anything out beforehand; color selection was spur of the moment. Her dress is Royal Purple with Nightmare Black shadow, and some BCA Pink mixed in for highlights. Top and apron are Lantern Yellow up through Candlelight Yellow. Tanned Skin triad was used for her flesh, and various leather colors for her hair and accessorizing accessories.

Highlights didn’t really work out around her backside, but there was no time to fret over it. And you can’t really tell from the awful photo, but I finally managed to paint a decent eye.

And forgot eyebrows. Whoops.

C&C welcome.
    • By Guindyloo
      I painted this lovely lady over the last week as my first project post-Reapercon. I wanted to apply some of the things that I learned but also have fun with her. 
      She was a really great learning experience, thanks to everyone who gave me great feedback in my WIP thread: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/77557-01450-all-hallow’s-eve/&page=1

This was my first experience “flying blind” with NMM, as on previous attempts, I’d followed the highlighting of other painters’ examples. There is no painted example in the store yet, so I had to just wing it. @Kuro Cleanbrush gave me some much appreciated advice that I’m definitely going to keep using moving forward. 

This was was my first attempt at OSL, it’s not perfect by any means, but I’m pretty pleased with it. 

Let me know what y’all think, criticism is always very much wanted - it helps me learn and improve! 

• Who's Online   35 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)