MojoBob

FitzBones: Spawn of Shub-Niggurath

Very well done, I like this organic effect a lot. Correct me if I'm wrong, I would say it's one of Shub-Niggurath Thousand Dark Young. In Lovecraft's mythos ,Shub-Niggurath is a Great Old One or Outer God, she'll be immeasurably bigger.

• Like 1

The Beasty is a WONDERFULLY horrifying, CHARMINGLY gross, & BEAUTIFULLY painted creation. Your skin tones add immeasurably to the effect. VERY WELL DONE!

Edited by malefactus
  • Like 1

Not too blue at all, it looks just like the real ones.  ::D:

Awesome stuff, wow!

Kang

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MojoBob
      I made these primitive runestones in Blender and printed them on my little 3d printer. I thought the first one was a bit boring, so I added a bunch of skulls around the base of the second for that cannibal-headhunter vibe.

They're on Thingiverse at https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3010064

The miniature is from Reaper, the figure I use to represent my oldest (surviving) D&D character from back in 1981, Smirnoff the Huge and Ugly. There was one earlier character from my very first roleplaying session, but I don't even remember his name — he was blown to smithereens in that same session by being too close to an overly-curious halfling thief.
    • By MojoBob
      Here's the first piece of bog terrain finished.

I originally intended to use a 5-minute epoxy and acetone mix for the water, but I can no longer find really cheap and nasty epoxy — I used to be able to get 40ml syringes for just a couple of bucks, but now the cheapest ones I could find are closer to ten. So, instead I used polyester casting resin, which costs about thirty bucks for a 250ml can.

There are down-sides to using the polyester:
      First, it stinks to high heaven while it's curing. Second, the disposable plastic cups I used for mixing are dissolved by it — I had to do a rapid transfer into another vessel before it ended up all over everything. Third, it's very, very clear, which would normally be a good thing, but for this purpose it could have done with being a bit more murky. I added some colouring, but not quite enough, so the water looks more lake-ish than boggy. Fourth, it's quite a bit thicker than water, so the meniscus is more pronounced, and it takes a bit of persuasion to flow into all the nooks and crannies. However, I was pretty much expecting that and I'm not heartbroken by it.
      The vehicle in the picture is my 3d-printed 1/100 scale Burford-Kegresse machine-gun carrier.
    • By MojoBob
      Here's another Bones Kickstarter figure. I don't know what the SKU is for this one, or even if it's for sale yet — it seems to take quite a while for the Kickstarter figures to filter through to the online shop.

I like it mainly for the over-the-top shield. I have a weakness for that sort of thing, probably from early exposure to the old Warhammer stuff back in the day.

For those unfamiliar with the term: E.H.P. stands for Evil High Priest. I don't know if it's still used, but it was common shorthand back in the distant primeval past.
    • By Sanael
      As implied in the thread title: A) I painted these over the long weekend, B) I intend to use them as members of one of the Cults of the Dragon Below in my upcoming Eberron campaign, and C) I have no idea where these minis came from.

I mean, I know that I procured them as part of a lot from my FLGS, but they came loose and I don't know a manufacturer, sculptor, etc. There's not any stamp on them anywhere, so no clues there. I got these three, and two more of each figure with exposed heads (the one with the hood up is the only copy of that pose)...so they may have come in a set of three, or a set of seven with one leader figure, or they may be three separate products and I just got doubles.

EDIT: They come from Old Glory's SuperFigs line, where they are sold in packs of five. The guy on the right of my photos below is actually the unique "leader" model. Thanks, @strawhat for pointing me the right way!

Anyway, pretty generic cult-mooks, and I gave them correspondingly generic color schemes. The robes are a progression of Walnut Brown, Blackened Brown and Bright Red; the hoods and sashes are Carnage Red up through Saffron Sunset into Sunlight Yellow. Skin is Golden Skin mixed up or down with Desert Sand and Walnut Brown. Probably not as much contrast as they could have, but they'll be decent mooks on the table.

C&C always welcome, and if anyone can identify them, please do so!
    • By MojoBob
      Here's the translucent Bones 77305 Gelatinous Cube. Being translucent, it's a bit of a tricky thing to photograph.

I haven't put any paint on the cube itself at all; I've seen some translucent figures that have been tinted in various ways in an attempt to bring out the detail, but in my opinion the results are seldom successful.

It comes in three parts; two for cube itself, which I joined with clear silicon sealer, and one for what is supposed to be the contents of its last meal, a rather nice pile of skeletonized adventurers and their gear. I painted them in very high contrast, in the hopes that some of the detail would be able to be seen through the cube's walls....

The hapless adventurers are supposed to form the base of the creature, but they're completely wasted as a model that way, as once they're inside the thing they can only be made out as a blurry, formless blob.

So instead, I've kept them separate, and they'll come in useful as dungeon dressing. A pile of skeletonized corpses will always come in handy.
  • Who's Online   16 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)