Arc 724

Primaris Space Marine by GW [Picture heavy, Large]

Awesome!  

That's cool to know about the book as I too have wanted to paint a space marine but didn't want to get a set of them.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, NecroMancer said:

Awesome!  

That's cool to know about the book as I too have wanted to paint a space marine but didn't want to get a set of them.

Thanks!

It's worth it. They have them on the GW website for $8 but after shipping its the same as going to a GW local store and getting it. 

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Awesome job!

Why thank you Glitterwolf

1 hour ago, Gargs said:

Excellent work!

::): Thanks a million. I was really pleased how it turned out.

9 hours ago, Limey72 said:

I love it arc

Thanks Limey! I really enjoyed doing this. Unlocked my brain to space marines! ::D: 

• Like 1

Space marine awesomeness! I love the subtle weathering that makes the mini all too real.

You have purpose!

Edited by VolksFest
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, VolksFest said:

Space marine awesomeness! I love the subtle weathering that makes the mini all too real.

You have purpose!

Exactly. I first I was no going to do it but once i did I was really pleased with it. Made the miniature look more in motion, in theme.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Guildenstern
      Well havent been online much as we just had to repalce my comp, meanwhile been working on my 30K Horus Heresy army - loyalist Luna Wolves, lead by Loken

I took an army shot, tho still have work to do, mainly vehicles, but overall infantry is done. The colours are Vallejo medium grey,  Reaper Weathered Stone (mixing up fr the grey, three layers to weathered stone), HL'd with Ghost White, one of my fave colours, ever
    • By Othikent
      I did these guys a few months ago.

I challenged myself when I painted these guys and avoided using washes. I'm very happy with the turnout.
      I'd love to hear what you all think.
    • By Jasper_the_2nd
      I've never been much of a fan of GW.  I mean the first fig I ever painted was GW, but that's because my friend (who was also the store owner) gave it to me for free (Come on, try it, the first one's free....).
      And I played some Bloodbowl back in the day (should really finish my Chaos Dwarf team one of these days...only been a decade or two).
      But I never really got into anything GW was making. Style wasn't what I was looking for, or the price point, or whatever.
      So then last week I was in Montreal for the GP (great time, too bad the race itself was soooooo boring). Was visiting a friend who lives up there and we wandered into the rather impressive GW store in the Eaton Centre.  Took a look around and caught sight of this:

Apparently a new edition of Age of Sigmar is coming out this week, and these guys are a faction.  Or whatever the different groups are called.
      I thought, "Those are pretty cool!  Flying stuff.  Steampunky.  I like."

Then we left.  And I went and marshaled for 3 days (the support races were better, btw).
      Then we met back up on Monday.  And I was still thinking about the cool steampunky flying ships.  So we went back and I picked up the starter. (they have 2 bigger flying ships too, but ouch, not cheap).

So, this is what they look like when you open the box:

Oye! Lots of bits.  Looks like everything has options (they have a very detailed assembly guide, quite impressive).  Options that presumably follow rules.  Rules I'm not sure I'll ever read, let alone play. 
      But I may check with the local store; I think they had some folks playing something GW.

So that's all I've done with them so far, but figured I'd post and get the WIP started. These may take a bit to get going.

• By paintybeard
      Compared to some of their other models the 40K Imperial Sentinel is ALMOST a reasonable price.
      So for some reason I decided to do one in World War 2 German camouflage:

• By Arc 724
      Gudridr the Golden by RBG
      Sculpted by Tre Manor

Hope everyone enjoys this one. This was a resin miniature from the kickstarter. The base is MDF that I cut in half with my scalpel then applied Greenstuff/Epoxy to and sculpted the brink pattern. The rocks on top are actual rocks and sand. FYI - because it's resin on an MDF base with greenstuff it's super light weight. I didn't like the idea of adding height to the miniature by just sculpting the brink on top of the standard MDF base. My solution is as you can see. 

I tired going simpler in the color scheme with this one and I think it turn out great.

• Who's Online   16 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)