Gargs

Infinity: Ariadna Mavericks 9th Motorized Recon Battallion

SKU: CVB280183

First time attempting to paint glass and I think it came out . . . okish. Not great, but not bad for a first effort. Need to work on the blending, but have gotten some tips to help with that. 

As always C&C are most welcomed as I am always looking for ways to improve on my skills since currently about the best I can hope for is table top quality (and I even occasionally succeed ;P) 

5a26e7b3073ec_MavFront.thumb.jpg.1ecf608be773ac65454be3611db65d93.jpg

5a26e7c7edb4f_MavLeft.thumb.jpg.368cc96df3c03afafcade095dc8ed420.jpg

5a26e7db657db_MavRight.thumb.jpg.28d6e2d4df1ae04aebb301347f80b0b7.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Gargs

• Like 21

5 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

I think the glass looks pretty good!  I wouldn't even know where to begin!

Fantastic work!

Thanks, I appreciate it!

As for the glass, I based it off this vid: Ghool's World

I've found his videos to be really helpful. Just for reference, the "glare" in the top left is largely by painting technique, the "glare" on the right is actual glare from the light reflecting off a gloss sealant. My light source for painting purposes was coming from the opposite direction of the actual light source when I took the photo. Might have to take a look at it when I reverse the fig to see how that looks. :p

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Inarah said:

Nice piece. Is it for play or display? 

Play. Part of the reason why I usually aim for table top quality (as that's about my max level at this point) but slowly improving I think. Just starting with Infinity though, so plenty more down the line I hope.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

I think you did a pretty good job on the windscreens; keep it up!:winkthumbs:

Thanks! Definitely glad I attempted it. Very slowly getting over my fear of trying new stuff. :p

• Like 2

Absolutely try new stuff. That's the best way to figure out a technique you've heard about... or just find your own way to do a thing. The windscreen has a cool sunset reflection effect on it by my eye, and looks pretty great. A quick thing to add to make the rest of the bike pop more, if you'd like, would be some deep shades in some recesses, when I was helping a friend with this box set I used some blue and brown ink to add a deeper green between the parts that added some nice dimensions and separation to the bike. Also, nice job on the goggle lenses!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

A good Tabletop job, the sunscreen is above that.

Nice base as well!

Overall a good job!

You can easily be proud of it.

If you like to add a little more realism, apply a little of the sandcolour to the tires.

He has been riding through the desert with clean tires now, do this and it will look even better.

Also in the same boat...dirty up the exhaust pipe and the metals.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Scorpionfish said:

Absolutely try new stuff. That's the best way to figure out a technique you've heard about... or just find your own way to do a thing. The windscreen has a cool sunset reflection effect on it by my eye, and looks pretty great. A quick thing to add to make the rest of the bike pop more, if you'd like, would be some deep shades in some recesses, when I was helping a friend with this box set I used some blue and brown ink to add a deeper green between the parts that added some nice dimensions and separation to the bike. Also, nice job on the goggle lenses!

15 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

A good Tabletop job, the sunscreen is above that.

Nice base as well!

Overall a good job!

You can easily be proud of it.

If you like to add a little more realism, apply a little of the sandcolour to the tires.

He has been riding through the desert with clean tires now, do this and it will look even better.

Also in the same boat...dirty up the exhaust pipe and the metals.

Thanks for the suggestions! I think I definitely tend not to go far enough with my shades and highlights, and the idea of the inks is a great one! Will definitely look into to doing that!

Dirtying up the tires is a great idea! I had considered it initially but then wasn't sure how I was going to do the base. So going back and adding in some dirt is a great idea. May have to work on the color a bit since the base was done with one of GWs tech paints, not sure they'd work for the tires and stuff tho. 

But seriously, thanks for the suggestions, these are really going to help, can't wait to try them out!

• Like 1