• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By pinkymadigan
      Right, I hemmed and hawed over the best way to show these off, and sadly, ultimately decided on linking to an external album, rather than uploading 70 some odd photos to Reaper's servers. I've shown off several of these minis/units before over time, but I just got a new phone with a way nicer camera and I thought it would be nice to get the whole thing documented. I'm nowhere near done, I have always enjoyed painting the Undead and will likely continue to add to it forever, but here it is in it's current state. It's based for Kings of War, includes tons of Reaper, Mantic, GW, and a few other manufacturer's in small quantities as well. 

Enough talk, here's the album:
      https://photos.app.goo.gl/CrTmoTDLmJte6agt9

And here's a sample excerpt:

It's about 5 years +/- in the making but includes some minis from my previous war gaming days as well, I think all were repainted though. 

EDIT: Apologies, some of the models are dustier than I realized. Next time I get shots I'll dust first. There's even a small cobweb on one, but that kinda looks awesome. The dust no so much.

Thanks for looking!
    • By Al Capwn
      Howdy y'all!

I know I am rather new to the forums but I thought I would introduce a bit of what I have been working on pre and post ReaperCon 2018. No doubt I have met with some of the forum denizens here, most notably @Green Eyed Monster for sure. Hopefully my presence here will be a welcome and fruitful one, and I look forward to talking and learning from all of you! 

A few months back I decided to pick up Zombicide: Black Plague, and before I knew it I was neck-deep in medieval zombies. I told myself I would save  the heroes for after ReaperCon to employ some of the techniques and improvements I would have learned. I... uhh... sorta did that. Let's just say I quickly became tired of the derth of zombies and wanted to focus on more...noble...aspirations.

The Goal: Get 'er done. Preferably by the end of October. Because what better way to say 'Thriller' like a box o'zombies. I am shooting for tabletop standard for the standard fodder zombies, with tabletop+ for the heroes. Not quite display level, but certainly a cut-above your bog 40k Guardsman (ifyaknowwhatimean hashtag don't_tell_the_commissar). I am loosely following the box artwork along with Sorastro's YouTube series, but I certainly am not married to everything. I will try to make a note of any techniques I employ that I have learned either from class, trial and error, or from online tutorials.

Since this is my first original content post here, please let me know if I am doing anything incorrectly or against forum etiquette, as this is not my normal venue for sharing!

So grab a cup and buckle up, cuz we are fixin' to see a whole lot of pictures of the scenic countryside of Zombicide: Black Plague.
    • By Metalchaos
      A rotting stench catches you nose. You see a creature slowly moving in your direction waving a dagger. At first, it looks like a beggar wearing rags. He utters a low moan and you realize as it's coming out of the shadows that he's missing part of its scalp and has a gaping hole in its abdomen through which you see his ribs and his petrified organs. Turning to the cleric, you scream with horror. Zombie!
      Here's 02102, Plague Zombie, Dark Heaven Legends sculpted by Bob Ridolfi.
      It's the second time i paint this model, here's the link to 02043: Undead Rising, 02102: Plague Zombie & 02157: Undead Awakening I painted 10 years ago.

• By Rob Dean
      As if I didn’t have enough to do, I started playing around with the design systems on the Hero Forge web site. I finally ended up ordering a couple of figures to see how they looked when done. I’ve been reading the various Bordertown books lately, so ended up drifting into some urban fantasy territory here. 

It’s a little unfortunate that their system doesn’t have a playing pose, given the availability of the violin and bow. I do seem to accumulate musicians, though...

The necromantic spell effect wasn’t my first choice, but it looked like the safest from a structural integrity view, so I went with it. 

Both of these were done in the higher grade plastic, and I was pleased to
      see that the layer lines were pretty much invisible after painting.   
    • By Metalchaos
      The door opens to reveal a room filled with bones. There are large and small ribs and leg bones, bare and white, piled ankle deep, with a huge pile in the center. The large pile is topped by a cow’s skull, and you see numerous other skulls, shattered and broken, hidden among other bones. As you enter the room, the pile of bones stirs from its resting place. It rises from a crouch to reveal a fully constructed minotaur skeleton. Within its bovine flicker twin motes of malevolent light. Jeff Grubb – Wrath of the Minotaur.

It’s the second time I paint this awesome 77559, Undying Minotaur, Dark Heaven Bones 50mm tall model sculpted by Bob Rodolfi. I painted this Bones version for the D&D Fast-Play Adventure Wrath of the Minotaur.

• Who's Online   35 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)