• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Metalchaos
      Here's 07001, Rictus the Undying from Reaper's Dungeon Dwellers Special Edition Figures sculpted by Bob Ridolfi. I'm curently running "The Vanishing Blackguard" adventure so get ready to see a load of painted models in the next couple of weeks. Sir Rictur is the main evil character in "The Vanishing Blackguard" adventure for 4-6 characters of levels 3-5 by Joseph C. Wolf. Check out the free Vanishing Blackguard.pdf adventure on Reaper's website.

• By ChanSeal
      Received my Hasslefree Kickstarter recently, and decided to paint one of them.
      Brooke was an add on to the pledge, but I painted her cause I wanted to add her to my not Firefly "Pulp Alley" gang because she reminds me of River Tam.
      First try at NMM for the Knife, and I'm pretty satisfied with the result.
      The sequined hoodie didn't turn out as I liked, maybe needs several more shades of green.
      Thanks for looking.

• By Kev!
      Howdy,

Kev!
      P.S. She just needs a hug...
    • By pinkymadigan
      Okay, here's the situation; my parents went away on a week's vacation, and now that you're rapping Fresh Prince and Jazzy Jeff to yourself (you are, right?), here's the real situation:

I'm looking for a thing to represent a mounted Undead lord, the base size needs to be 75mm square (so fairly large), and it needs to occupy most of that space (or need minimal assistance from clever basing to look like it belongs on said base, at least). This precludes standard cavalry, obviously. It also needs to be wingless (or easily converted to wingless), as Wings would only serve to confuse my opponents in game (Kings of War). 

I'm open to any material, any manufacturer, though Reaper is strongly preferred. I'm thinking of also doing a non-traditional mount pose, like the Ghost King standing on the mounts back or shoulder or whatever, or even better, the Male Revenant from Bones 2.

My first thought was to take one of the two Grave Golems I have and use that (without the gate wings), but that would really be stretching the empty space on the base to the max, as it's probably better suited for a 40mm square or 50mm square base at max. Of course, I could always fill the base with tombstones and skulls and stuff and build it up to the center, but I'd like to avoid that. The in-game creature is substantial and I'd like the mini to represent the size well.

My next thought was I could do something like @Girot did for the Bone Horror (3rd picture in the store), which he nixed the wings from, and I think it looks fine. The problem here is the monster itself is pretty substantially threatening without a rider and doesn't really look like a mount. I'm not sure where I would put one (I could put a traditional saddled mount on it I guess, but I'm iffy on this idea). The main issue I have pulling the trigger on this beastie though is size, I'm not seeing Bryangles on the store pics, and having a hard time finding other scale shots with this guy in it. I see on his Deviant Art page, Girot says he used a 60mm round, do you think an extra 15mm each side would be too much? Especially because that's all in one dimension? The rest of the base will need a lot of doctoring to make up for the emptiness. 

Any other ideas? 
    • By aku-chan
      Presenting Sowerberry, the ghostly undertaker of the Dickensian faction from the game Twisted.

Had a lot of fun painting him, particularly all his clocks, but I don't think I'll bother making any more stamped greenstuff bases, I just can't get them looking even semi-decent.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
  • Who's Online   11 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)