Rat13

Odd Uses for Chronoscope Figures

So Saturday  (yesterday) morning I finished painting Action Jackson. https://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/action/latest/80023 Which is a mini I've been wanting to paint for awhile. It just so happens that Saturday afternoon is when my D&D Adventure League group meets, so before I left I packed up my finished mini to show off and get a few tips from the group's other painters. For the record it was dry before I packed it up.

For the last few weeks I've been running our third table; I'm currently doing Horde of the Dragon Queen. During the session the cleric at my table conjured a spiritual weapon. Like a lot of my players he's fairly new so he hasn't bought any minis yet for his PC's so he didn't have anything to represent his conjured weapon either. So when he conjured his spiritual weapon I placed Action Jackson on the field which my players loved.

Turns out his spiritual weapon was one of the party's heavy hitters. Which made the figure all the more fun to have on the field. 

I know I can't be the only one who paints something and thinks they'll never get to use it and is proven wrong. Has anyone else been able to use Chronoscope miniatures in and odd or mismatched RPG setting? Though I love this miniature it certainly doesn't belong in a 5e game, but I'm glad I could use him to comedic effect.

20171210_104449.jpg

20171210_104511.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By kristof65
      So over in another of my threads talking about vehicles, we were talking about doing an A-Team, so when I ran across this Star Wars Chewbacca Monster Truck, I knew I had found my futuristic version of B.A.'s van:

So my A-Team is going to consist of:
      Hannibal - 50147: General Drake
      Face - 50010: Daniel Sterling, Secret Agent of GUARD
      Murdoch - 50123: Space Hero
      BA - 50002: Boris Barayev, Five Suns Smuggler 

General Drake and Daniel Sterling I think will be fine straight up for Hannibal and Face, but I need to do some conversion work on the other two minis for Murdoch and BA. And that's the reason I'm posting this as a WiP is because I'm going to need some help from the likes of @TaleSpinner and you other conversion pros. 

Murdoch:

For Murdock, I want to add a ball cap.  I have a couple of different ideas on how to do this, but I'm wondering what the best way would be. 

B.A. Baracus:

For B.A., I'm going to do a weapon swap to give him bigger guns, add Mr T's iconic haircut, and hopefully add some sort of gold chains.    The weapon swaps and hair should be pretty straight up, but I'm not sure how to do the gold chains. 
    • By Skrill
      To change from fantasy, I wanted to do a quick paint of a Chronoscope mini in Bones. According to the store, it is "Frank Buck, Adventurer".
      I like the sculpt and its likeness to a very famous archaeologist / adventurer in the movies.

My goal was a quick & simple paint job and nothing fancy for the base.
      The problem was that the mini was badly bent at the ankles making it lean forward a lot and no boiling/cooling was able to fix it.
      So, I still had to re-base it, and got a bit carried away in the re-basing process which yield to this mini vignette: "Heading into the Jungle"

The tree and base texture was made with Scupley and lichen.
      The car is a Tamiya model kit of a Russian field car.
    • By Maledrakh
      “Off to off the wizard”
      The figures are from Reaper Bones KS3, “Chronoscope Wild West Oz”.  Since they all were armed, I see this as a sort of hit squad, hence the title.
      I based them on 30mm round display bases from Reaper, and I 3d Printed a 20mm round in a similar style for Toto.
      Since not only the Tin Man, but also the flying monkey are obvious metal robots, I think “Weird West Oz” or even “Steampunk Oz” would be a more fitting moniker.

The miniatures are made in the slightly harder Bonesium, henceforth to be known as Better Bones™. Since the third Bones kickstarter, all Chronoscope Bones are coloured grey,
      The Flying Monkey, Lion, Tin Man and Scarecrow are sculpted by Bob Ridolfi, with Dorothy and Toto by Julie Guthrie. Only the Scarecrow seems to be released in Bones as of yet.

• By Kev!
      Howdy,

Is that you  Cyboman?

Kev!
    • By Kev!
      Howdy,

I say!

Kev!
      P.S. Tally ho!
  • Who's Online   11 Members, 1 Anonymous, 154 Guests (See full list)