NecroMancer

Adrian Smith's HATE

35 minutes ago, Dan d'Lyon said:

Or find someone you trust that is already pledging and see if they will add it on for you....

That's a good idea but unfortunately none of my friends are into games or miniatures so I know no one getting the game. 

33 minutes ago, Knight of the Dinner Table said:

I have no experience, but this being completely KS exclusive, I could imagine the prices on ebay being quite high.

You might be right about that.  Maybe I should get the core game and the add-on and then just sell the core game and make a profit and get the figures I want :B):

• Like 1

My experience has been that CMON Kickstarter Exclusives are quite valuable at retail.  I made back more than what I put in for "Blood Rage" by selling some of the KS monsters, and I made rent by selling "Dave the Geek" from Zombicide 1.

• Confused 2

Is that still true for their later releases? Blood Rage caught BGG unaware. At the time, Eric Lang's best known game was Chaos in the Old World, whose theme did not appeal to Eurogamers. Dakkanauts have been saying that they're not making as much money as the earlier days.

I think part of the problem is the over-saturation of Kickstarter exclusives they put out.  The Zombicide stuff had a lot of obvious homages as KS exclusives (and was also before anyone expected a KS game to get as big as it did).  The Blood Rage stuff sold for quite a bit, but no where near as crazy as hundreds of dollars for a single new character.  I've only tried to flip stuff from "Blood Rage" and "Zombicide Season 1" so I can't speak to other game's post-KS value.

4 hours ago, Lidless Eye said:

I think part of the problem is the over-saturation of Kickstarter exclusives they put out.  The Zombicide stuff had a lot of obvious homages as KS exclusives (and was also before anyone expected a KS game to get as big as it did).  The Blood Rage stuff sold for quite a bit, but no where near as crazy as hundreds of dollars for a single new character.  I've only tried to flip stuff from "Blood Rage" and "Zombicide Season 1" so I can't speak to other game's post-KS value.

I just sold a copy of Green Horde and Rising Sun.  It was enough to cover my personal copies of each game and still make a little cash profit. Maybe could have made more by piecing them out but I didn't want that much work and  really just wanted my copies to be free so I accomplished that. 

It was nice too since I backed GH and RS through my FLGS so I don't have to pay for any of the copies till I pick them up.  If I can back Hate through them again then I will probably get a couple of copies. If not, I think I'll pass.

• Like 2

On 2/3/2018 at 10:39 AM, Lidless Eye said:

My experience has been that CMON Kickstarter Exclusives are quite valuable at retail.  I made back more than what I put in for "Blood Rage" by selling some of the KS monsters, and I made rent by selling "Dave the Geek" from Zombicide 1.

It will be interesting to see what happens with this game. Unlike previous CMON games this one won't be available at retail. So it's possible the core game could be more valuable, but it's also possible no one will be looking for ks exclusives, since people picking up the game from ks will likely have grabbed any extras they really wanted.

I could see this one going going either way, but I'm planning to take the risk that this will do well on the secondary market.  But really, my hope is to just be able to pay for my own copy.  Where I really think I might make some cash is on a game called Middara...delivering this summer.

But back on topic, will be interesting to see what comes after they finish this current tribe.  The last 2 warriors are almost unlocked and then it's just the prince left, I think.  And the 48 hour mark is coming up fast.

I just read on Beasts of War- a commenter claims the "Must buy core set" policy has changed:

As of January 16th that ( the FAQ ) changed. You can now put down a few dollars and will get access to the PM :D . It’s what i’ve done.

I suspect that this will lead to many more sales of Vore Nash minis.

Is it bad that this Kickstarter makes me want to try and sell off my Zombicide: Season 1 stuff?

On 2/5/2018 at 4:41 PM, odinsgrandson said:

I just read on Beasts of War- a commenter claims the "Must buy core set" policy has changed:

I suspect that this will lead to many more sales of Vore Nash minis.

From the FAQ posted the same day and time.

Can I make just a $1 pledge now?
You can make a $1 pledge now, and when the Pledge Manager goes live after the campaign has ended you can add more funds to get a full pledge and any add-ons you'd like.

Can I purchase just the optional buys?
No. A full Tyrant pledge is required to purchase any optional buys.

So... CMON just added another complete tribe to the core set.  All in all, there are going to be 102 minis for $120.  I think that's reasonable per mini, but have to agree that many look the same-ish.  I'm still in, but kind of reconsidering if I want to get extra stuff to sell.  Thinking about it.