NecroMancer

Ilva, The Syren of Kaldeth Strait

Looks really cool, i really like the waves and the skin tone. about your nmm gold, i feel you just need more contrast, try to reach the white and use maybe an ink, like sephia for a deeper shadow, your blendings looks cool, so i feel like this wont be a problem for you :3

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Love the color you achieved for the water and the waves are very cool. I like your color choices for the figure and you did a really nice job blending the purpley color into the blue on the tentacles. Also, nice job on the rocks. This is a pretty cool little diorama.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I like the composition! Her skin color works very well with the color of the water. I also like the echo of the water colors on her skirt. Nicely done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Mierot said:

I like the composition! Her skin color works very well with the color of the water. I also like the echo of the water colors on her skirt. Nicely done.

Thank you!  I'm glad you noticed that I used the same colors on her skirt and the water. 

18 hours ago, Pochi said:

Love the color you achieved for the water and the waves are very cool. I like your color choices for the figure and you did a really nice job blending the purpley color into the blue on the tentacles. Also, nice job on the rocks. This is a pretty cool little diorama.

Thanks!  I'm trying to be a lot more conscious about my color choice.  Always nice to get a compliment from such a great painter!

On 12/12/2017 at 3:12 PM, Kuche said:

Looks really cool, i really like the waves and the skin tone. about your nmm gold, i feel you just need more contrast, try to reach the white and use maybe an ink, like sephia for a deeper shadow, your blendings looks cool, so i feel like this wont be a problem for you :3

Tthanks for the tip I will try that!  I tried really hard on the blending so I'm glad you think it looks good!

• Like 1

This turned out awesome!

Great base and I love the contrast between her skin and "outfit"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

...The whitecaps end up having  the wisp of cotton on the edges - I'm not sure how you could fix that. ...

Scissors.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

The waves look great, except for the edges. The whitecaps end up having  the wisp of cotton on the edges - I'm not sure how you could fix that. I love the rippling of the water itself, though.

Yeah I noticed that after posting these.  It's definitely not as noticeable in person. 

I might try scissors or some watered down PVA just to get them to stay down a bit better. 

• Like 2

Definitely experiment on something else first, to make sure that any 'fix' you try has the desired effect before you do it to this piece.

Absolutely amazing work, by the way, I love it!

• Like 1