Wren

01612 Mylk & Cookies

I love that you gave the cookies more textures and layers through the frosting decorations! I also love the white gown on the elf, especially those blue shadows. That's stuff I would have never appreciated before learning art, I would have just been like, "okay, nice white dress" and not thought about the color choices and difficulty level. :;): 

I have a couple questions on the modeling paste.

- Does it dry completely hard?

- Is it a thin enough consistency that it would get pushed through a small hole in a frosting bag, to decorate cookies that are 1" to 2" big?

• Like 4

Keyleth? Is that you? Your hair ... what happened?

I really love that whole thing, but I am most impressed by how perfectly all the colours match together.

Edited by SisterMaryNapalm
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Morihalda said:

I have a couple questions on the modeling paste.

- Does it dry completely hard?

- Is it a thin enough consistency that it would get pushed through a small hole in a frosting bag, to decorate cookies that are 1" to 2" big?

Hm, I don't think I've used the modeling paste in a context where I've really noted the final finish of the product. I just now put a glob out on a plate to test, and will try to report back. 

I think that it would work in the way you describe, but it is a little thicker than frosting. The Woodland Scenics Water Effects might work better. It's a little less thick feeling, and it comes in a bottle where you're supposed to cut the end off the tip to dispense it, which is as small or smaller than the hole in a piping bag. (I think. I very occasionally bake cookies, but my decorating of them is much more primative. ;->) The Water Effects is also watersoluble, so you can smooth it out with a damp brush. Water Effects dries to a rubbery consistency. It's fairly sturdy, but when I do stuff like sculpt flames with it, I would tend not to do that on gaming figures that are going to get a ton of handling by ham-fisted people, but I haven't had problems with it on convention figures I've schlepped around.

The torch the little critter is carrying (scroll down a bit) is an example of using it for flames:

http://www.coolminiornot.com/186472?browseid=4548948

You could also try asking Pingo, I know she's familiar with modeling paste, and may be more of a baker than I. :->

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Awesome!

And now I want cookies..

Hardest part of painting this was the cookie cravings! I'm trying to eat low carb. :->

• Like 4

Reporting back on the modeling paste. It's not cured putty hard, but it seems pretty sturdy. I could dent it with a fingernail, but it took a bit of pressure not a casual touch. Ditto for scraping a bit of it off.

• Like 3