Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
After I started working on my Soviet Russian girls, I soon noticed that I missed some usable terrain.
So it was time for me to start making some.
I checked my stuff and ... unfortunately I didn't have got any usable terrain. But I had some 28mm Warhammer 40k barrels and boxes. So ... what to do with those? ...
Luckily I am a person full of ideas and dreams and melancholy. So I remembered back in the days when I was young, I played a game called "Blitzkrieg".
"Blitzkrieg" was a lovely game using a lovely graphic engine for displaying things. And they had this wonderful supply depot, which I think would be perfect
First off I have have to prepare some boxes to later have a good foundation for the blanket.
... which ended in in looking like this:
Time to paint!
The Show-Off thread for my Soviet Russian female Batallion project. You can find the WIP-thread here: ->Let's make ... Soviet Russian Female Battalion for Bolt Action<-
So ... without further Ado, let's get into the presentation ...
The first three figures are done. C&C are welcome.
Next group is already on its way.
Some of you already know my Roza Shanina build (Check here ->Let's present ... Roza Shanina<-) and my Russian tank commander and tank rider build (Check here ->Painting female Soviet tank commanders and tank riders<-) and some might have noticed the little glimpse of what I was working on at the headswap topic (check ->here<-).
But now it is time to present the project as a whole.
Whoever is interested in the background of the project might find an answer in this post ->here<-
So, let's get started.
As at the the time I started the project my sculpting skills were far inferior to what I am able to do today, I needed some plain surface for sculpting female attributes onto the body.
Luckily Warlord Games had just released a number of Soviet Russians in winter clothing, so I took the opportunity to get me a box of them and started working.
Unfortunately the heads I wanted to use were unavailable so I began working on the bodies alone. Not a problem for me. I am running around headless most of my time, so I know what I am doing.
After having cut out and cleaned the bases, it was time to go onto the bodies.
Using some greenstuff it was rather easy to make males into females. And luckily there are a lot of reference pictures of real female soldiers in WWII. Yeah - well. Those who know me know that I normally reject reality and substitute my own. Therefore - mixed real and anime approaches to make the girls visually appealing on a greater distance.
Time to dry!
Who's Online 7 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)