01614 - Con Crud, Convention Zombie

I recently got my ReaperCon goodies from my convention buddy. Since I caught a cold right before coming home from Kuwait, this mini felt especially relatable to me.

I looked over Buglips' and Guindyloo's versions of the mini, and they informed how I went a bit. Guindyloo's eye in particular was something I wanted to try replicating. I think I did an okay job. I should have picked a lighter color of blue, though. The pupil doesn't really stand out from the iris. 

My tissue box's lines ended up not being quite as clean as I would've liked. I need to practice my freehand more.

• Like 14

You did an awesome job!

A lighter blue would’ve stood out more, but I can clearly see the iris and pupil; I think you did more than an okay job! ^_^

We all need more practice on freehand; the important part is getting in there and doing it!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Chris Palmer
           Anyone else going up to the Cold Wars Wargaming Convention in Lancaster, PA this weekend?    
      I'll be in the Paradise Room (the "HAWKs' room") most of the time, so stop in and say, "hi!"  
      I'll be co-GMing a trio of off the wall games on Friday night and Saturday: 
      1) Santa and the Great Zeppelin Attack (Fri. 7PM)
      2) Duke Morrison and the great Zeppelin Raid (Sat 9AM)
      3)  A Lily Pad Too Far  (Sat 7PM)
    • By Disciple of Sakura
      I picked up Nethyrmaul to be a cohort for a major undead villain in my Pathfinder campaign, and decided that I really liked the idea of her slaying a Silver dragon and reanimating it as an evil zombie minion, so, I tried my hand at a bit of a NMM(ish) silver scale pattern with a little bit of actual metallic silver thrown in to a few places. He was a long time in completing, the process, but I'm really happy with him. I'm especially fond of the "dragon graveyard" base that he's standing on. The skulls are from a "Prehistoric Mammal Skulls" Toob pack I picked up at the local arts and crafts store. The ribs rising out of the ground are actually the teeth of a plastic alligator clip I grabbed from a grocery store, and the extra rocks are actual rocks and debris from the broken pavement outside my house. He's mounted on a 7" diameter wooden base.
      I appreciate your looks and comments. I'm still figuring out some of the things I'm working on with this sort of thing.

• By MissMelons
      This is pretty done besides the jewelry I plan to sculpt on it. As my scultping is Meh, I'm calling this the final product. I did something different with the eyes as I didnt really want to give her human or dragon eyes so I did neither. 
      I kind of like how they turned out considering she sat unpainted for weeks because I wasnt sure on what to do with the eyes!

• By Tenzin Drakefang
      I'm happy with how these two came out, and that my phone's camera actually took decent quality pictures! These were fun, easy ones, took no time at all. Being pewter, they do tend to chip, which gets really annoying, but was no big deal to fix. Great designs, good job Reaper! These two will be listed on eBay soon.

• By VolksFest
      Another batch from the Frostgrave (or Mantic, repacked as Frostgrave) Undead set.
      I needed some ghouls for my D&D game so painted all as ghouls even though some are supposed to be zombies I think.

Similar to the skeletons. very crisp models and great fun to paint.
      Thanks for looking and C&C is very welcome. 
  • Who's Online   32 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)