Sign in to follow this  
Inarah

Inarah's End of Year Clearance

My challenge is to finish the blue bin in the coming two weeks: 

DSCN0361.jpg.27fd199b86b1b4895ac869881802528e.jpg

There's some extra random stuff I might get to. I'm also starting with Mrs Claus and the cat dragon. 

And if that's not enough, one of my KS projects fulfilled:

DSCN0360.jpg.bbc8a4ad96ca034adb0e467276c2742b.jpg

• Like 10

OOH COOL STUFF! You have a nice array of minis there.  Have a WONDERFUL time with the painting & stuff!

• Thanks 1

A fun project. Good luck! It's always nice to clean up and finish a pile of figures.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Grandma is currently getting treatment with Spattered Crimson, Sky Blue, Spectral White and Moth Green. Not christmassy enough? Wait until you see her. 

• Like 1

Nice to see the mini's being moved to the completed display case!

Happy Claps for you Inarah!!!

Hope they turn out as you envision them !

• Like 1

Happy claps indeed!

Current progress.  I'm not sure what color to paint the spot in the center of her dress, under the apron. It is clearly supposed to be a different material. 

DSCN0362.jpg.13e043e0399b85dba2c76922b88653d2.jpgDSCN0363.jpg.cab7a7ab4c030763b5a1b67565eb4f59.jpg

Edited by Inarah
  • Like 16

I'm not sure if this guy is the doctor, psychologist, or professor. I know it's not Mary Ann.

DSCN0365.jpg.459a630ad431b1dcb0b1d47f9dbae7df.jpg

He will get used as the mad scientist in our current Supers game. 

I'm planning to use Melusine as my necromancer character this weekend. 

DSCN0364.jpg.f7f5bc72fec75585c8a7067cd7cea862.jpg

• Like 12

That Grandma fig is awesome, what is it from?  I have a badass old grandma NPC in my games and would love to have an appropriate mini for her, and that one would be perfect.  Your paintjob looks very Christmasy so far, looking forward to seeing how they all turn out.

2 minutes ago, jonaas33 said:

That Grandma fig is awesome, what is it from?  I have a badass old grandma NPC in my games and would love to have an appropriate mini for her, and that one would be perfect.  Your paintjob looks very Christmasy so far, looking forward to seeing how they all turn out.

That is Mrs. Santa Claus from Reaper: https://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/claus/latest/50341

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"Grandma" is Reaper 50341, Mrs Claus.  I think she has use in a variety of settings.  She would look right at home in a fantasy setting, painted in the right colors. 

Edited by Inarah
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Pingo and Inarah!

Seeing it blank makes the work you've done so far even more impressive!  The detail on her apron is top notch! 

2 hours ago, Lucian523 said:

I have some of those DGS freeblades too!

Of the 6 Eclipse Sisterhood I got I am considering converting 5 of them to Shadowrun figures. I mean, two are already in trench coats...

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lord_Ashenwyte
      Hey everyone,

Having spent the last 4 weeks away from any sort of miniatures (Fun vacation tho!), I'm super eager to paint again, and with my return flight being tomorrow, I thought I'd make this thread as a sort of documentation/to-do list. I want to clear my backlog because I'll be frank I'm sick of staring at unpainted plastic every day and I want to do something remotely productive in these remaining four weeks I have free. I have mostly Warhammer miniatures, though there is some Mantic and Reaper stuff in there. 

First of all to be done is this charming fellow. 

A Stormcast chap who I first tested sculpting fur on, which I'm reasonably happy with. A closer look at the fur, which does look like guacamole in this picture.

Right now it's a standard basecoat and drybrush fur, but I will re-doing the fur and wet blend it to something like what this fellow has.

Have a nice day! 

• By Inarah
      I took the dragon challenge last year and chose this figure. Midway into the painting my vision changed entirely.  I still used the 3 chosen colors, but in a different way.  Very happy with how it came out.  Found the perfect base in my Bag of Crap, too. 

Sorry, camera lighting is not good.  He is not so muddy looking in person. 

• By sumbloke
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/picolor/picolor-any-color-anywhere-anytime?ref=discovery

Sounds like an interesting paint mixer. Not sure I'd get it myself, but some people on this forum might be interested...
    • By OneBoot
      For those of you unfamiliar with The Great Kaladrax Painting Challenge, initiated by buglips*the*goblin, here's a link to his thread: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/51269-kaladrax-in-seven-days-buglips-is-crazy-wip

Feel free to boggle at the insanity of it for a bit, I'll wait.
      All done? Okay, so, being not entirely sane myself, I've decided to give it a go. I will be following the same rules buglips followed in his challenge, namely:

1) No using a brush larger than a standard Size 0 (no getting around it by using, say, a size 0 brush meant for house painting, for example)
      2) I will work on Kaladrax for no more than 168 consecutive hours (7 full days)
      3) The only prep time allowed before the timer starts is boiling and cleaning to remove casting residue. Removing (or not) mold lines is part of the challenge!
      4) When I begin, I will post a picture of Kaladrax with my phone displaying the date and time (I don't get the newspaper)

...That's it, really. Pretty simple. I will endeavor to make semi-regular updates, but when I get deep into PaintingLand, I can lose track of time. I will, however, be very good about taking awful WIP pictures as I go, then at least doing a batch picture post each day. I've timed this so Mr. Boot is gone at a work conference about half of the 7 days, so I will have a little more free time than usual.

So! Feel free to come along for the ride. I can't promise to be on here super often (or maybe I will be, who knows), but I can promise that the trip will at least be entertaining.

If you'd rather just skip to the end, here's my official completion post with pictures: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/68762-oneboot-is-crazy-too-kaladrax-in-7-days-wip/&do=findComment&comment=1371410
      Final show-off pictures: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/69015-kaladrax-reborn-in-7-days-by-oneboot/

Note: Unless otherwise specified, all of the paints used are Reaper brand paints.

Huzzah!
      --OneBoot :D
    • By NomadZeke
      I'm back to being late again!

Please see the main post here for rules, questions and general chatter, while using this thread to keep a list of links to your show-offs or show-off related comments in a single post: A reminder to please adhere to miniatures posting guidelines as usual.
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/78657-resolutionary-painting-challenge-2018-chatterquestions/
      All the information you need should be here.

Due to the revised format, there will be more than one bonus challenge available for this month. Including a "Hard mode" which Is some combination that may or may not have a source behind it.

Your challenge is: 9!

Bonus Challenge the first:
      March 26th is National Purple Day (raising awareness for epilepsy) - so paint a figure in monochrome purple. (Yes I know a slime would be an easy candidate)

Bonus Challenge the second:
      April Fools' Brigade - Paint a mini in a completely nonsensical paint scheme or other silliness. ex: CAV with a giant bullseye on it, Adventurer with a shield that says "I'm with tasty ->" or something similar.

Bonus Challenge the Fiv Three, sir, three!
      Monty Python and the Holy Grail released 33 years ago in April - paint up a figure to resemble a character from the movie

Good luck

The game is made up and the points don't matter
  • Who's Online   29 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)