Rat13

Villagers as PCs?

Recently I bought an assortment of miniatures, mostly IMEF troopers and fantasy villagers. One of them however just stood out and I had to paint it first. The miniature is the innkeeper. https://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/innkeeper/latest/77084

I painted it knowing I had no real use for it; I just knew it would be fun to paint. Before it was finished I knew I was painting my new PC. Has this happened to anyone else?

An innkeeper might not be the coolest miniature on the table but I have a feeling it'll be a lot of fun to role play. 

20171220_191406.jpg

20171220_191357.jpg

• Like 9

I'm thinking of making him into a barbarian, it is my favorite class. Then again an old fighter may be fun too.

• Like 1

Retired adventurer. Keeps his old armor and a chest of gold in the cellar. Doesn't  like it when the inn gets too rowdy. 

• Like 5

He is a rogue!

In his youth he "accumulated" enough wealth to open a tavern.

Now business is going bad, he needs a cash injection.

Maybe one more heist?

• Like 2

He should be a batman like vigilante. Tavern owner by day, hero by night. Paint up a second one with a mask on lol

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, rfusca said:

He should be a batman like vigilante. Tavern owner by day, hero by night. Paint up a second one with a mask on lol

Only if it's a luchador mask!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, rfusca said:

Its decided, the next batch of minis I order will include another innkeeper just so I can do this.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Rat13 said:

Its decided, the next batch of minis I order will include another innkeeper just so I can do this.

Fantastic. It might be worth trying for a green stuff mask and or cape even. 

• Like 1

I have a feeling my group would be all for this idea until I started doing the voice. *Gravely Dark Knight voice "I'm barman"

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

When I painted my innkeeper, I added a rose stem tattoo on one of his forearms, and stylized symbols of the sun and moon on the corners of his apron. So anyone who sees him figures he has a backstory. :ph34r:

P.S. I just left home for the holidays, so no way of getting a picture of him until January.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 4