rfusca

Bmpc WIP

Heading out of town for a week and took sculpting stuff Cuz it's less to pack than painting, should make some progress here this week. 

• Like 1

OK we are going to call it done. Considering this is the first time I've ever touched green stuff, I consider it a success. Learned a lot! 

IMG_20180106_231802200.jpg

• Like 6

I'm impressed that you got all your blends so smooth.  Beginners usually struggle with that.  Well done.

OK, so here is the part where I challenge you a bit, and hopefully give you one more technique.  Typically, I sculpt out a figure to within 1-2 mm of finished size, then add the final layer as a sheet of 1mm gs.  In this then I add all the fine surface details. So, think about doing this just to the surface of the lips, to add the fine lines and details one normally sees in lips and to sharpen up the edges of the lips a bit.  Start by rolling out a thin sheet of GS. Cut out shapes roughly the shape of what you want to cover.  Adhere it in place pressing from inside out to ensure there are no bubbles.  Seal the edges/blend them into the existing detail.  Lightly enscribe the fine details.

Well done!

Andy

• Like 1

Thanks! I actually added some lines on the lips,  didn't like it and smoothed it out. I may try again but with a reference pic this time. I've also considered adding a tongue or a couple of big teeth. 

7 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

I'm impressed that you got all your blends so smooth.  Beginners usually struggle with that.  Well done.

OK, so here is the part where I challenge you a bit, and hopefully give you one more technique.  Typically, I sculpt out a figure to within 1-2 mm of finished size, then add the final layer as a sheet of 1mm gs.  In this then I add all the fine surface details. So, think about doing this just to the surface of the lips, to add the fine lines and details one normally sees in lips and to sharpen up the edges of the lips a bit.  Start by rolling out a thin sheet of GS. Cut out shapes roughly the shape of what you want to cover.  Adhere it in place pressing from inside out to ensure there are no bubbles.  Seal the edges/blend them into the existing detail.  Lightly enscribe the fine details.

Well done!

Andy

Went a little too deep on one, but overall I like it. Gives a cracked lips effect. 

IMG_20180108_153906561.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Nice!

Any suggestions for a general "next step" in learning sculpting? 

I thought creatures of some kind would be easily than people to move to next.