rfusca

Bmpc WIP

Definitely, I just wanted to know where to send you for more information.  I give a pretty good step by step for making animals (and other 4 legged critters) here.

Just for fun, I decided to read through that tutorial.  While the basics are the same, I'm laughing at some of the times I am giving. I took me 45 minutes back then to do one dog foot.  If it took me more than 30 now to do all four I'd kick myself.  I guess that just shows you what experience gains you.

A few updates from that WIP:  I now always use Apoxie Sculpt/GS mix to hold armatures together; it is a lot stronger.  I also now use silver coated copper wire instead of brass.  It is easier to work with and costs a lot less.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Definitely, I just wanted to know where to send you for more information.  I give a pretty good step by step for making animals (and other 4 legged critters) here.

Just for fun, I decided to read through that tutorial.  While the basics are the same, I'm laughing at some of the times I am giving. I took me 45 minutes back then to do one dog foot.  If it took me more than 30 now to do all four I'd kick myself.  I guess that just shows you what experience gains you.

A few updates from that WIP:  I now always use Apoxie Sculpt/GS mix to hold armatures together; it is a lot stronger.  I also now use silver coated copper wire instead of brass.  It is easier to work with and costs a lot less.

Lol that's funny! The way life is around the house, I may try some polymer clay. With a full house, my wife isn't a fan of the curing time of greenstuff "I just need like 90 minutes before I can come help do the dishes, I just mixed this up". I understand the techniques will differ somewhat. I'll definitely check out the tutorial. 

Edited by rfusca
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, rfusca said:

Lol that's funny! The way life is around the house, I may try some polymer clay. With a full house, my wife isn't a fan of the curing time of greenstuff "I just need like 90 minutes before I can come help do the dishes, I just mixed this up". I understand the techniques will differ somewhat. I'll definitely check out the tutorial. 

Stick it in the freezer, it will nearly stop curing while you do your chores and be ready to work a few minutes after you take it out of the freezer.

• Like 3

Just now, TaleSpinner said:

Stick it in the freezer, it will nearly stop curing while you do your chores and be ready to work a few minutes after you take it out of the freezer.

Interesting! I never thought about that! That's why they pay you the big bucks. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, rfusca said:

Interesting! I never thought about that! That's why they pay you the big bucks. 

They always pay the handsome guys more than the rest of us rabble!

But seriously, Talespinner is right. Cold slows the curing time in the same way that heat accelerates it.