Relapse

Must have unique reaper paints

Hi all,

I'm in Australia and due to large postage costs need to buy my reaper paints in bulk unseen. I was wondering if anyone has some recommendations for some favorite unique must have reaper paints. I'm a big fan of the skin and bone triads and have pretty much all of those as well as chestnut and mahogany brown. My current wish list is:

- Dusky Skin Triad

- Vampiric Skin Triad

- Linen White

A bulk of my paints are made up of the Vallejo lines game and model. I definitely prefer the reaper skin and bone tones though. What are peoples thoughts on the hair triads etc.

I have all those...love them.

Linen White is a suprb white for many purposes.

I love the hair triads too and you can use them for more than just hair.

• Like 1

Favorites?

Terran Khaki

Off-Whites

Neutral Greys (I'm liking this more than the Stone Colors)

Soil Colors

Redstone

I like the Red and Blonde triads as well.  I'm going to be painting Drokkatta (a wookiee from Imperial Assault) as a redhead--I find it fitting, somehow.

I myself fell in love with Rainy Grey and IMEF Olive. I use the Rainy Grey as my basecoat on a lot of my bases since it works so great for stone, add a light black wash and you're done.

The flesh wash is really nice too. It can be used a variety of ways. You can use it to give a varied fleshy tone, but it's also great for applying dirt or grime to a flesh tone.

Nightmare Black is just a beautiful very dark blue, that thins to a nice blue wash/glaze.  Coal Black is the equivalent in green, but I have not used it yet.  And there is a brown one as well, which I have, but cannot remember the name of, that I have used a bunch.:wacko:

The dark skin triad is great as well.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Citrine said:

Nightmare Black is just a beautiful very dark blue, that thins to a nice blue wash/glaze.  Coal Black is the equivalent in green, but I have not used it yet.  And there is a brown one as well, which I have, but cannot remember the name of, that I have used a bunch.:wacko:

The dark skin triad is great as well.

Maybe walnut brown? I'm using it a lot for a shade on dark browns or a highlight on black. I'm liking the off whites a lot. I have leather white and ghost white and linen white is on the wish list. They make painting white a lot easier.

I'm currently experimenting with some of the skin triads. I'm painting one mini showing a fair amount of skin using each of the triads. I'm getting close to finished on the first using the tanned skin triad. So far I'm happy with them and the hair triads (I have blonde and red head). I'll likely mix and match skin tones in the future but right now I want to see what they do "straight up". I don't have all the skin triads but plan on getting more later.

Nightshade Purple is also a very good dark colour for ... anything. Everything. Even that. Well, maybe not THAT.

Ahem. Second the suggestions for Nightmare Blue and Walnut Brown - and any of the Liners you can get your hands on -  I'm partial to the olive skin triad myself. The NMM gold triad is also proving surprisingly flexible.

Isn't Corporeal Shadow a special? I know I have it, but.. I got a little over-excited in a few of the events. >.>

I would also pick up Burning Orange, and either Dragon or Maroon Red. Peacock Green is an excellent green; lightens easily with yellow or LED Blue, depending on what you want the end result to be.

• Like 2