• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By DavePgh
      I hear horror stories about people getting frozen bottles of paint. Is there any way to tell if the paint has been frozen prior to using it? I was concerned about this when I did my holiday paint order, but it was a little unseasonably warm the day they were delivered. What does frozen paint look like & is there a way to salvage it if it has been frozen?
    • By SisterMaryNapalm
      Hi guys,

So I got a greater number of Infinity Aleph minis from a guy who doesn't find them fit to his playstyle.

Anyway - I decided to create my own bases, opposite to the clean and attractive style of the Aleph minis using some kind of a long lost and ruined city.

Like this:

I also got Atalanta and her SpotBot and I think that this spotbot has quite a personality and I want to create his base accordingly.

(Picture for reference)

So I thought that it would be fitting to have some kind of robot head or so he could stare at. (Like to 2b in the picture below - but being a mechanical rabbit with sad eyes).

So I thought about using a space marine head but I don't find it fitting to the whole setting and it would just disappear between the rubble and the debris I prepared for the base. And it wouldn't match the style of Infinity.

On the other hand - I tried using a bandai mecha/gundam head and it is way too big for a 25mm base. Does anyone have an idea which could help me solve the problem?
    • By Rat13
      I'm not a war gamer even though my GW collection seems to keep growing. My local shop doesn't do any wargaming, it's basically a Magic the Gathering shop. In all honesty I was surprised they were hosting D&D Adventure League when I started playing there.

Lately though after AL a bunch of us have been sticking around till close playing other games. Munchkin and Star Realms are pretty popular but we do get into other things from time to time. Those two just tend to be our go to games at the moment.

Since I started painting I've been watching a lot of videos on the hobby and one of the channels I've been watching is Tabletop Minions. If you've ever been there you know they talk a lot about war gaming and skirmish games. 

Well today that lead me to a skirmish game called Song of Blades and Heroes. It looked like a lot of fun with a very small learning curve. Basically it looks like something I'll be able to convince my group to try.

Recently I became a DM for our group so I already have enough miniatures to create multiple "groups/troops/bands"(not sure what the proper term is for this game). So really all they have to do is give it a try, there is zero buy in for them.

Does anyone here play this game? Is it as easy to learn as I've been lead to believe? I picked up the gist of it pretty quickly but will players be able to pick this up on the fly? As skimish games go how does this one rate?

I've already ordered the books, both the revised and the advanced editions so I'm in either way but I'm interested in seeing if anyone else plays this.

• By Kheprera
      *BONK!* is here to answer your questions and give badmost excellent advice.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for incidents, accidents, disability, dismemberments, bite marks, lumps on heads, death, random bits of cat fur or mummy wrappings, or monetary loss for following the advice of a mummified cat plush toy.
    • By Gargs
      Okay, so I am going to be painting up this guy soon:

I'm curious about what colors to use for the snow on the snowman. It doesn't seem to be a pure white (which makes sense) but I couldn't tell really what colors were used. I know that blues and even really dark blues, are often used for shadows (I know that Nightmare Black is actually a favorite of at least one forumite), but its the "white" that has me unsure. Any ideas? (as for the base, I realize that there are a number of options for putting snow on the base).

As always, thanks in advance for any help?
  • Who's Online   46 Members, 5 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)