Rat13

New DM is throwing up too many red flags!

4 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

I had a character that needed a spell called Emergency Clothes!

Shapechanger, full moon, you get the picture! ::P:

drdrch4-24.jpg

Don't ask....

The Auld Grump

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Bruunwald said:

Here you go.

I blame my old computer for me thinking this had been taken down. As it aged, it sometimes would not load certain sites/blogs, etc., but would throw up scurrilous rumors of this site no longer being available, that one taken down, etc.

Anyway, enjoy!

Thank you so much for this, it gives me some perspective about my own experience. The story was incredible but the rebuttal had me laughing the whole time. 

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Aryanun said:

I see a marvelous opportunity.

Guy just got stabbed in the middle of a feast? "THERE HE IS!"

**charge at Player #4 and start fighting**

Go for a TPK. See how quickly you can do it. Of course, have this all agreed to with other players beforehand. See how the DM responds.

A proper response would be a swift intervention via town or palace guard. Arrest the involved parties and start sorting it out.

I think what would happen under this guy would be a complete slaughter of everyone at the feast.

Even better if every player declares a different NPC or player to be the murderer. Just have 4 people charging off to fight 4 random NPCs. Make one of the NPCs you fight be the king or whoever...

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Unruly said:

Even better if every player declares a different NPC or player to be the murderer. Just have 4 people charging off to fight 4 random NPCs. Make one of the NPCs you fight be the king or whoever...

Well, if you're going to do that, you might as well have the PCs accuse each other of the murder and start a Battle Royale over it.

Or, even better... Go full-on Spartacus, and have each PC declare that they're the one who killed the guy...  ::D:

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

Well, if you're going to do that, you might as well have the PCs accuse each other of the murder and start a Battle Royale over it.

Or, even better... Go full-on Spartacus, and have each PC declare that they're the one who killed the guy...  ::D:

I love where this is going.

Every PC should come up with a reason for wanting him dead for "reasons" (cheated them out of a deal; slept with their significant other; murdered their parents; secret spy of a hostile nation; bad tipper; pet dog dug up your flower bed; etc.).

If the DM is railroading the adventure; might as well be a train robber and (heroically) take over the train.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

I love where this is going.

Every PC should come up with a reason for wanting him dead for "reasons" (cheated them out of a deal; slept with their significant other; murdered their parents; secret spy of a hostile nation; bad tipper; pet dog dug up your flower bed; etc.).

If the DM is railroading the adventure; might as well be a train robber and (heroically) take over the train.

Hello, my name is (insert name). You killed my (spouse, parent, etc), prepare to die!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

All else fails, Rock to Mud on the doorframe, kick the door down, walk out.

.... I actually had a character do that once, just before I walked out of a session with a GM who was pants at GMing /and/ playing. To this day, Mr. Thorne and I call this guy Horse; he was dumb enough to think a horse could be brought into a dungeon and put on an elevator ...  without losing its horsey mind and turning itself into salami-paste. >.<

Mr. Thorne was /not impressed/.

We only saw him once again after the Rock to Mud dungeon. I'm /not subtle/ when I think someone is suffering an excess of stupid. Sadly, I'm not sure he learned anything....

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

All else fails, Rock to Mud on the doorframe, kick the door down, walk out.

.... I actually had a character do that once, just before I walked out of a session with a GM who was pants at GMing /and/ playing. To this day, Mr. Thorne and I call this guy Horse; he was dumb enough to think a horse could be brought into a dungeon and put on an elevator ...  without losing its horsey mind and turning itself into salami-paste. >.<

Mr. Thorne was /not impressed/.

We only saw him once again after the Rock to Mud dungeon. I'm /not subtle/ when I think someone is suffering an excess of stupid. Sadly, I'm not sure he learned anything....

i.e. Pit Ponies

He was right that it can be done. Wrong that they remained completely sane.

I could accept a special dwarven breed of mounts perfectly adapted, thriving even, for underground conditions. But any random mount will not be very cooperative.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Cranky Dog said:

i.e. Pit Ponies

I could accept a special dwarven breed of mounts perfectly adapted, thriving even, for underground conditions. But any random mount will not be very cooperative.

Yeah.. this was a full-sized .. can't remember if it was a heavy warhorse or not, but even leaving aside the part where horses aren't keen on dark, weird-smelling places, and this one was not trained in the slightest for being underground, it was a /horse/, and it weighed what horses weigh... *sigh*

There's a reason I don't build cavaliers for dungeon-crawls... and if I do, /they don't ride horses/.

• Like 3

On 09/01/2018 at 5:29 AM, Unruly said:

He was warning them of the price that the well would take in exchange for the answers they sought, referencing his sacrifice of his own eye. It was meant to make them hesitate before rushing to drink, because the knowledge they sought was extremely valuable and a mortal's eye(as opposed to a god's) would not be near enough to pay.

Have your group heard of The Head of Vecna?

Edited by Balgin Stondraeg
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, Balgin Stondraeg said:

Have your group heard of The Head of Vecna?

It was a known story in my group in the early 90s. And our version was already translated in French (my native tongue).

Personally, the worst my group did was drink mud from fountain after one of them gained 1d8 permanent hit points, with no indication that why it happened, nor that it would work again.

• Like 2

On 1/13/2018 at 10:26 AM, Cranky Dog said:

i.e. Pit Ponies

In one game I had a PC punch his mule when it refused to go down a steep narrow path along the face of a freakin' cliff, in an ice storm.... Then he pulled it along anyway... taking him, the mule, and the PC ahead of him all off the cliff.

The mule was the only one that did not survive the fall, and the one that least deserved it....

The Auld Grump

• Sad 2

Was it a game you ran?
I would've fudged the dice to let the mule survive, but then again I'm always bummed in movies where the heroes take out the horse to get to its rider. Like, what did that horse ever do to you, Conan?

• Like 6

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now